Employer: City of Seattle
Seattle City Light, a department of the City of Seattle, is one of the nation's largest municipally owned utilities in terms of the number of customers served. Over the years we have worked very hard to keep Seattle's electricity affordable, reliable, and environmentally sound. Today, City Light is a recognized national leader in energy efficiency and environmental stewardship.
Our Transmission & Distribution Division is looking for several Electrician Constructors to join our team. In these roles they will install and maintain a variety of electrical systems using specialized tools and vehicles; provide on-the-job training to apprentices and helpers, and diagnose and correct defects in power generation and distribution systems.The work requires expert knowledge of electrical theory and principles, familiarity with the tools and equipment used in the electrical trades, ability to interpret and apply blueprints, specifications and codes, and knowledge of safety rules and procedures. Work is carried out independently, with the supervisor providing instruction and clarification for unusual or difficult problems. Employees select from and apply a variety of written guidelines and reference materials.
This position will report to an EC&M Supervisor.
- Installs, maintains, tests and repairs generators, control equipment, electrical motors, power circuit breakers, voltage regulators, automatic generation control equipment, transformers, and other electrical equipment.
- Installs and repairs conduit and wiring in and around substations, powerhouses and other installations.
- Installs, inspects and repairs security systems, selective and control relays, station batteries, and chargers.
- Diagnoses, repairs and replaces water-level monitoring and control systems hoisting equipment, spillgates, intake gates, overhead cranes, and elevator systems.
- Operates and maintains specialized mobile equipment and vehicles.
- Instructs and monitors the work of Electrical Helpers and - Electrician-Constructor Apprentices.
- Performs other related duties of a comparable level/type as assigned
Experience: Requires a minimum of three years experience in the electrical trades as an apprentice or helper, including one year working with 2200 volt or higher electrical equipment (or a combination of education and/or training and/or experience which provides an equivalent background required to perform the work of the class).
Certification/License: Current Washington State driver's license.
Works outdoors in all weather conditions. Works on or near energized high voltage equipment, at heights, and in confined areas. May be exposed to toxic/hazardous substances. Requires physical exertion and lifting or manipulating of objects that weigh more than 50 pounds.
Job offers are contingent on the verification of credentials and other information required by the employment process including the completion of a background check which includes criminal history and driving history review.
Want to know more about Seattle City Light? Check out our web page: http://www.seattle.gov/light/.
Location: Seattle, WA
Application Method: Online
Base Pay: $50.36 HR