Employer: The Amalgamated Sugar Company
Instrument Person 3rd Class
The Amalgamated Sugar Co., LLC Nampa Factory
Installation, maintenance and calibration of various instrumentation devices, including but not limited to: valves, analytical instrumentation, level, temperature, pressure, flow devices, and various static and continuous weighing systems. Must be able to troubleshoot these individual devices as well as understand the effect each has regarding the process. New installations may require the technician to be able to fit instruments, run conduit, wire panels, read and understand electrical and P&ID blue prints as well as perform initial setup procedures.
Required Skills and Knowledge: Be able to demonstrate an understanding and knowledge of electricity, controls and instrumentation by having completed the following:
• Minimum of 60 credit hours or equivalent vocational training in industrial controls, instrumentation and/or electronics.
• Licensed General Journeyman Electrician or will hold an Electrical Apprenticeship Card and are active in an approved Apprenticeship Program recognized by the State of Idaho.
1. Provox and DeltaV Distributive Control Systems (DCS)
2. Allen Bradley, TI, Siemens PLCs.
3. Visual Basic, Ladder Logic, MS Excel, MS Access.
Physical Requirements: Must be able to work rotating shift(s) during all or part of the
work year, plus climb stairs and ladders, walk long distances, work in varying degrees of temperatures from freezing to extremely hot while performing accentual job duties.
Compensation: Current base rate for Instrument Person 3rd Class is $26.71 per hour.
Continuing Ed: Any successful applicant, who is a Qualified Instrumentation Tech, but who is not currently a Licensed General Journeyman Electrician must enroll in the State of Idaho Electrical Apprenticeship Program and obtain a Journeyman Electrician License.
(Most costs are reimbursable per our Educational Assistance Program)
The Amalgamated Sugar Co. LLC is an equal employment opportunity employer.
Contact Person: Martha Luna
Location: Nampa, ID
Application Method: Email
Base Pay: $26.71