Employer: Department of the Navy
You will serve as a ELECTRICIAN LEADER in the Shop 51 A/B, Electrical Division (Code 330), Repair Department, of TRIDENT REFIT FACILITY, BANGOR.
Learn more about this agency
- You will perform the normal duties of an Electrician Mechanic.
- You will perform non-supervisory work and directing the work of three or more mechanics of the trade, and/or any additional helpers, workers, and apprentices assigned.
- You will provide general direction on how to perform the work and demonstrate initiative to get the job started.
- You will check the progress of jobs and resolve delays when possible.
- You will train electricians and military technicians in all aspects of the electrical trade.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Conditions of Employment
- Must be a US Citizen.
- Must be determined suitable for federal employment.
- Must participate in the direct deposit pay program.
- New employees to the Department of the Navy will be required to successfully pass the E-Verify employment verification check. To learn more about E-Verify, including your rights and responsibilities, visit www.dhs.gov/EVerify/.
- This is a bargaining unit position.
- You will be required to successfully complete a pre-appointment physical examination.
- You will be required to obtain and maintain an interim and/or final security clearance prior to entrance on duty. - - Failure to obtain and maintain the required level of clearance may result in the withdrawal of a job offer or removal.
- You will be required to wear personal protective equipment such as helmets, gloves, coveralls, glasses, goggles, respirators and safety shoes continuously for the duration of the work shift.
- Work is performed in areas where potentially harmful physical and chemical agents are present (e.g. fumes, dust, heat, ionizing and non-ionizing radiation and chemicals). - You will be required to participate in medical surveillance programs.
- This position may require travel from normal duty station to CONUS and OCONUS and may include remote or isolated sites. You must be able to travel on military and commercial aircraft for extended periods of time.
Location: Kitsap, WA
Application Method: Online
Base Pay: $31-92 - $37.28 HR