Employer: Flux Resources Inc.
Flux is currently searching for a Structural Designer to be part of our onsite team located in Hillsboro, OR. This person will be working with a global A/E-EPCM firm with more than 20 offices around the world and projects in more than 30 countries.
Our Client is currently seeking a Structural Designer to reinforce our team of skilled multidiscipline designers and engineers. The ideal candidate is committed to producing high quality deliverables on varied projects for advanced technology clients.
Primary duties and responsibilities:
• Produces organized structural plans and details that support lead discipline systems.
• Assist lead structural engineer in development and coordination of structural support scope.
• Models or drafts design into completed working details and drawings through interpretation of the design and application of design fundamentals.
• Develop understanding of multifaceted client to better solve unique conditions.
• Apply creative problem solving skills to see beyond standard answers.
• Consults with supervisor to screen assignments for unusual or difficult problems and selects appropriate methods and techniques to apply.
• Exercises judgment for some aspects of design, but receives supervision and direct input on new aspects of assignment.
• Communicates with supervisor concerning progress or problems in an assigned task
Knowledge, skills, and abilities:
• Structural or Civil Associates Degree or any related engineering technology.
• Ideally 3-8 years of experience.
• Experience with Revit required. Experience with AutoCAD beneficial.
• Self-motivation to clarify scope of work, anticipate issues, propose options and find cost-effective or schedule driven solutions.
• Strong problem-solving skills and flexibility in fast-paced environment.
• Ability to provide clear direction and expectations to designers and contractors.
• Practical field-experience with active involvement in construction areas preferred.
Flux Resources LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values diversity in our workplace. We welcome all qualified applicants regardless of race, color, sex, age, religion, national origin, physical or mental disability, pregnancy, marital status, veteran or military status, genetic information or sexual orientation.
Contact Person: Michael Smith
Location: Hillsboro, OR
Application Method: Email
Base Pay: DOQ