Employer: Flux Resources Inc.
Flux is currently searching for an Electrical Designer for one of our clients located in Hillsboro, OR. Our client is a global A/E-EPCM firm with more than 20 offices around the world and projects in more than 30 countries. Projects include program management services from site selection through design, construction, commissioning and start-up, for seamless project delivery.
Our client is seeking an Electrical Designer for our Tool Install program. This position will be primarily located on client site. The electrical designer will be responsible for designing in AutoCAD 2D.
Primary duties and responsibilities:
• Applies standard design techniques and procedures exercising judgment in making minor adaptations and modifications to design concepts.
• Receives instructions on specific assignment objectives, complex features and assistance in deriving possible solutions to unusual problems.
• Prepares addendums and bulletins.
• Adapt designs to current conditions in field, coordinate designs with current infrastructure.
• May attend construction meetings and produces site observation. May trouble-shoot design problems in the field during construction.
• Researches design options and documents findings for project engineer/architect.
• Checks design calculations and drawings verifying all applicable codes have been incorporated.
• Processes shop drawings, checks to ensure quality accuracy and completeness.
• May have communication with external clients in the field and in formal meetings.
• Travel potential but not required.
• Valid driver’s license required. May be waived for international assignments.
Knowledge, skills, and abilities:
• Can utilize CAD software to draw wireways, cabletrays, storage boxes, conduit runs for routing plans.
• General knowledge of different types of electrical breakers, transformers, and panels.
• Understands and is able to perform short circuit calculations a plus.
• Understands panel loading and voltage drop requirements a plus.
• Knowledge of NEC a plus.
• Experience using Easy Power software a plus.
• Perform cable tray fill requirements (nodes).
• Able to understand the need for and develop installation details a plus.
• Has understanding of general telecom and life safety system requirements a plus.
• Able to conduct field verification for routing plans including climbing ladders, suiting up in a cleanroom suit, and some verification under 2ft raised floor while wearing a cleanroom suit
Flux Resources LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values diversity in our workplace. We welcome all qualified applicants regardless of race, color, sex, age, religion, national origin, physical or mental disability, pregnancy, marital status, veteran or military status, genetic information or sexual orientation.
Contact Person: Michael Smith
Location: Hillsboro, OR
Application Method: Email
Base Pay: DOQ