Employer: G.S. Long Co.
Company Overview: G.S. Long Co. Inc. is a wholesale chemical and fertilizer company. We provide consulting service and chemical and fertilizer for tree fruit, vineyards, hops and row crops. Our main office is in Union Gap, WA. We sell direct to the farmer as well as some wholesale business to other Agricultural Dealers.
Position: Accounts Receivable/Accounting Assistant
Responsibilities include but not limited to:
Accounts Receivable Duties:
• Maintain Customer Masterfile information, including necessary changes to accounts.
• Trouble Shoot Customer Calls on billing and account balances.
• Understand how sales order to invoice conversion process flow operates.
• Cross training and back up on A/R customer deposits.
• Assist Manager on new account information, terms codes and sales person information.
• Reviews past due accounts, communicates with Manager, has communication with Customer on past due balances.
• Performs month end procedures, prints and reviews customer statements.
• Files and maintains all new customer account information. • Responds and attend Quarterly Credit Group meeting.
• May Review credits, invoicing and cash batches.
• Maintain Customer Cash Drawer
Possible Accounts Payable Duties:
• Download Citi Bank credit card statement. E mail each employee’s statement. Match and code receipts to statement, enter or upload to computer system.
• Maintain Corporate Credit Cards and Costco Memberships.
• Cross Trained on Downloading AP invoices and uploading to computer system
• Input and code utility bills and issue checks.
• Assist Inventory person where necessary on Payables and ACH processing.
• Cross training on other Accounts Payable duties.
• Cross trained on daily cash spreadsheet.
• Maintain and recap some capital purchases and new construction
• Maintain Petty Cash
Minimum of 3 years of accounting experience.
Must have advanced Excel skills Agricultural experience helpful.
Must be able to:
problem solve independently, multi task in fast paced environment, be a team player and have good communication skills., Some Saturday and after hours work hours maybe required.
Location: Yakima, WA
Application Method: Please mail resume to P.O. Box 10512, Yakima
Base Pay: DOQ + full benefits package