Leads the preparation, maintenance and delivery of all Genie sales training curriculum to improve the closure rate of our sales deals. Coach and advise sales team members on the best practices for various sales skills, including the Terex Proven Sales Process (TPSP). Develop tracking measurements for training retention and measure training effectiveness through closure rate metrics.
* Develop and train on "front wheel" sales competencies including: communication skills, business acumen, account management, territory planning, and negotiation skills.
* Develop and train on "rear wheel" sales competencies including: product knowledge, company knowledge, competition, industry knowledge.
* Energize sales team members by providing sales tools that will improve closure rates.
* Critique and provide feedback to sales team members on their presentation style and knowledge. In collaboration with the Regional Vice Presidents, track progression of improvements.
* Coordinates new product training, both webinars and product demonstrations, to team members reinforcing "why buy" messaging.
* Develop training retention rate metrics and adjust training effectiveness as needed
* Oversee training of SFDC, reinforce TPSP key learnings and assist in tracking program success. Assist in the development and delivery of "Coaching the TPSP" for sales managers. Plan and facilitate meetings with TPSP participants to discuss both success and challenges in applying TPSP concepts and tools with current and prospective customers. Use this information to plan and conduct targeted TPSP reinforcement sessions (e.g., using Genie specific examples, review how to create an effective 'business fit statement', etc.).
* Drive the use of consistent product messaging with the collaboration of Marketing and Product Management.
* Lead the onboard training for new sales team members providing them with tools to minimize learning curve. Ensure that new sales team members attend the TPSP training program.
* Update basic product knowledge curriculum "Series 100" and present as needed to sales team members and dealer/rental customers.
* Pursue continuous education on competitor's sales techniques to enhance our training programs.
* Oversees all reporting related to sales training activities and sales team member progress
* Serve as secondary support for customer training needs when needed.
Key lead for the content presented at regional or global sales team meetings.
* Bachelor's Degree
* Minimum 10 years of practical experience with rental channel, construction equipment, industrial product or manufacturing sales
* Degree in Business, Communications or Teaching
* Demonstrated ability to develop and deliver sales training programs
* High energy, passionate, motivated individual
* Current qualification for aerial work platform and telehandler operation
* Practical experience in aerial industry sales
* Completion of Genie Train the Trainer course or other aerial equipment training
* Expertise in Microsoft Office Suite applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
* Experience in facilitation of a training program.
* Experience in negotiations training
* Strong oral and written communication skills
* Ability to travel up 40% including internationally
Location: US-WA Redmond-B33 (HUB) HR
Job ID: 4235
Terex Corporation is a $4.5 billion, publicly traded global manufacturer of lifting and material processing products and services. The company is passionate about producing equipment that improves the lives of people around the world. Terex operations are global, yet each office or factory is a close-knit community. Terex provides team members with a rewarding career and the opportunity to make an impact. The company values diversity and inclusion, safety, integrity, respect, servant leadership, courage and citizenship. It encourages continuous improvement and offers free courses available through Terex University. Women@Terex provides a supportive network for Terex women in their jobs and careers. It's an exciting time to be part of the expanding manufacturing sector. Terex is a place where you can work and grow. Come talk to us!
It is the policy of the company to attract and retain the best qualified employees. We are committed to providing employment opportunities to the most qualified internal or external candidate based on work-related factors and without regard to non work-related factors including race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, or veteran status as a special disabled veteran, Vietnam Era Veteran, or other qualifying veteran.
The Company offers competitive salaries, advancement opportunities, and a full range of benefits, including paid vacation, 401(k), medical, dental, and vision.
Terex Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Affirmative Action Employer M/F/D/V.
Contact Person: HR
Application Method: Application
Base Pay: DOE