Employer: Sandvik Special Metals
Key Performance Areas:
Leading tooling employees to ensure safe operation of equipment, ensure the availability of tooling to Pilgering department as required by the production schedule. Maintain records of die/mandrel inventories and their performance.
• Responsible for maintaining inventory of new and used tooling. Inspect reusable tooling items, prepare work orders for fabrication of replacement items as necessary.
• Work with production to plan the availability of the type and quantity of tooling required to complete scheduled
• Responsible for maintaining all die and mandrel grinding records and roll die performance records.
• Responsible for scheduling & communicating lead time for tooling fabrication and roll stand assembly.
• Responsible for development/updating documentation and training of employees to meet competency requirements
for the process of tooling fabrication and proper machine operation.
• Responsible for developing/updating standards for tooling quality and assembly requirements.
• Support other departments as needed.
• Responsible for implementing Lean Manufacturing projects in the Tooling Department.
• Support EH&S work.
• Other related work requested by manager.
• Minimum of 5 years in a manufacturing environment.
• Minimum of 3 years of supervising experience.
• Proven leadership and successful communication skills are required.
• Two years technical or Associate degree or additional 4 years of experience.
• Bachelor’s degree in Engineering preferred.
Contact Person: Andrew Ellenberger
Phone: (509) 734-3910
Location: Kennewick, Washington
Application Method: Email
Base Pay: Salary Position (60K - 80K Annual Salary)