Employer: Macrro Plastics
Macro Plastics, a division of IPL, is currently recruiting for a high-performing Maintenance Technician with a focus on electrical work to join our dynamic team in Union Gap, Washington.
Macro Plastics is the world’s largest manufacturer of bulk plastic containers. Based in Northern California with sales and manufacturing facilities located worldwide, providing innovative business solutions for the agricultural, food processing, retail, and industrial markets.
To maintain and repair plant equipment, machinery, and facilities to achieve the production of cost-effective quality products to meet business goals and objectives.
- Performs preventative maintenance.
- Identifies potential equipment problems and corrects them.
- Maintains the equipment in a manner so as not to impede the production process.
- Prepares plant equipment and facilities for production.
- Responds to equipment failures or facilities problems in a timely and professional manner.
- Informs manager or lead when critical replacement parts are used from inventory.
- Troubleshoots equipment and recommends corrective action.
- Identifies equipment problems in timely and accurate manner.
- Implements contingency plans for keeping production running.
- Assists in mold changes.
- Ensures tools and equipment needed to change the mold in a timely manner is set up and available prior to the mold change.
- Ensures molds are changed in a safe, efficient, and timely manner.
- Inspects equipment on the mold, such as waterlines, clamps, etc. for wear and replaces them as necessary.
- Ensures mold is set according to operating specifications.
- Maintains work areas to keep them free of trip hazards and other safety issues.
- Ensures tools and auxiliary equipment are returned to their proper place after a job or project is completed or after a mold change is complete.
- Cleans the machinery as necessary.
- Complies with safety standards.
- Lock out/tag out procedures are followed at all times.
- OSHA safety standards are complied with at all times.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Mechanical aptitude
- Knowledge of basic hand and power tools
Qualifications [Knowledge, Experience Skills]:
- A High School Diploma or Equivalent
Related Experience required:
- Experience as a Maintenance Technician in the plastics industry preferred.
- Experience with large tonnage machines (4000 ton) highly desirable.
- Experience with two-barrel Italtech machines preferred.
- Works with minimal supervision and must be able to plan and organize work.
Specific Skills required:
- Safety and Quality Standards
- Basic math skills
- Forklift operations
- Basic mechanical skills
- General computer skills
- Crane operations
- General maintenance skills
- Problem solving skills (CA)
- Certifications, licenses and or other special requirements:
- Valid Driver's license and good driving record may be required
- Ability to work in a physically demanding environment that is aggressive and fast paced.
- Must respond to frequently changing priorities.
- Ability to lift-up to 85 pounds required.
Compensation and Benefits:
- Based on Experience
- Great benefit package including Medical, Dental, Vision, - 401(k) match, Vacation time and more
Location: Union Gap, WA
Application Method: Online
Base Pay: DOQ