Employer: Consejo Counseling & Referral Service
Medical Assistant Department: Behavioral Health Reports To: Deputy Director FLSA Status: Exempt
This position has a dual role within Consejo Counseling and Referral Service. Reporting directly to the Deputy Director, the medical assistant will have primary duties in care coordination and medical assistance. The main function of this position is to coordinate whole person care, bidirectional care and care coordination for Consejo’s patients.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Assist with pre-visit planning
• Answering phones, triaging calls, and serving as a primary point of contact for patients and psychiatric staff
• Reconciling medications
• Scribing for providers
• Health coaching and motivational interviewing
• Patient Health education
• Participating in quality improvement work
• Performing injections, tests, and procedures (as allowed by their license)—including EKGs, blood tests, spirometry, etc.
• Take patient’s Blood pressure
• Take patient’s weight and helping clients with weight management
• Conducting PHQ-9 screening
• Conducting SBIRT Screening
• Monitor lab orders and Lab work coordination
• Care coordination between primary care and behavioral health provider
• Housing coordination and referral
• Clinical documentation filing
• Monitor provider EHR record documentation
• Patient registry management
• Coordinate Specialty care coordination (Neurologist, psychologists, cancer care, etc.
• Patient medication information both in English/Spanish
• ACH reports
• Monitor primary care and psychiatric utilization
• Pharmacy prescription coordination and follow up
• Reaching out medical equipment supplies offices on behalf of clients
• Patient health plan navigation (i.e. ensuring Medicaid is not suspended)
• Documents vital signs and other patient information per clinic policy
• Conducts clerical tasks, patient transport, cleaning and restocking of exam rooms and other requests to maintain clinic flow
• Recognizes symptoms of common medical illnesses abnormal vs., and new/existing pain and immediately escalates to Registered Nurse and/or provider
• Acts as a liaison between patients/families and health care providers
• Willingness to participate in process improvement initiatives
• Ability to appropriately respond to emergencies or disasters per clinic protocol
• Other duties as assign
• High School diploma or GED required
• Currently is a Certified Medical Assistant in the State of Washington and must be familiar with the State's conduct and standards of practice
• Current American Heart Association BLS card
• 1+ years’ experience
• Knowledge of billing, coding and/or medical terminology
• Prior experience providing a high level of customer service in a fast paced environment, including handling confidential data with discretion
• Proficient in speaking, reading and writing both English and Spanish.
• Demonstrated ability to multi-task, plan and prioritize. • Demonstrated experience in an office setting.
• Ability to work with all levels of staff and management.
• Proficient in Microsoft Office.
Ability to read and comprehend instructions, short correspondence, memos, business correspondence and all other integrated behavioral health related documents. Ability to write clear, concise and accurate correspondence. Capable of establishing positive interpersonal relationships with a broad range of people. Effective oral and written communication skills.
OTHER SKILLS REQUIRED:
Ability to operate computer, printer, copy and fax machines, calculator, and other office equipment. PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by staff member to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of the job, the employee is regularly required to sit, stand, move up and down stairways, talk and hear, drive to and from community appointments. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to ten pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to twenty pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, and peripheral vision.
Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where standardization may or may not exist. Ability to reason effectively and interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral or diagram form. This position requires the individual to work with minimal supervision. Guidance is available as necessary, however, the individual is expected to be able to function autonomously and make individual decisions when appropriate. Position does require ability to interact with a variety of individuals and the ability to meet deadlines and time pressure based on the volume of work.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The noise and/or level of distractions in the work environment are usually moderate. Consejo is an EOE
Location: Seattle, WA
Application Method: Online
Base Pay: DOQ