Employer: Google Data Center
- Associate's degree, trade school certification or other verifiable training in a relevant technical field (e.g: CMCO, SMT, etc.) or equivalent practical experience.
- 2 years experience at journeyman or technician level in a critical environment, or 2 years in mechanical/HVAC, electrical, or a combination of both.
- Ability to lift and move 50 lbs of equipment; work on platforms, ladders and under raised floors.
- Oregon electrical license or ability to reciprocate from approved states.
- Data center, hospital or power plant experience.
Knowledge of the electrical and mechanical systems used in a data center environment, including: Feeders, Transformers, - Generators, Switchgear, UPS systems, ATS/STS units, PDU/PMM units, Chillers, Air handling units and CRAC units.
- Ability to communicate intelligently and effectively with contractors who perform maintenance or upgrade work on these systems.
- Ability to learn quickly and address issues as they arise during normal working hours or when on-call.
- These positions require shift work that includes weekends and holidays.
About the job:
The Data Center team designs and operates some of the most sophisticated electrical engineering, mechanical engineering and HVAC systems in the world. Facilities Technicians at Google data centers operate, monitor and support physical facilities conditions. Some of these duties will include heating and cooling of air and water, power supply, generators, UPS systems, electrical distribution and control and monitoring systems. You regularly help inspect, maintain and repair various data center systems such as piping and non-critical electrical or mechanical system components). You provide daily assistance to senior technicians as you read blueprints/schematics, conduct tours of systems and assess their working order.
As a master of best-in-class practices, you develop creative approaches to reducing operational costs while improving overall data center efficiency. You ensure that environmental and safety standards are consistently met, identifying problems and making repairs quickly. In emergency situations or abnormal conditions, you manage data center performance issues and outages to minimize the recovery time from failures.
Behind everything our users see online is the architecture built by the Technical Infrastructure team to keep it running. From developing and maintaining our data centers to building the next generation of Google platforms, we make Google's product portfolio possible. We're proud to be our engineers' engineers and love voiding warranties by taking things apart so we can rebuild them. We're always on call to keep our networks up and running, ensuring our users have the best and fastest experience possible.
- Operate, monitor, maintain, and respond to abnormal conditions in facilities systems in the following areas; Electrical, Mechanical, Building Monitoring and Control.
- Track trending operational characteristics.
Location: The Dalles, OR
Application Method: Online
Base Pay: DOQ