Employer: Basic American Foods
Maintenance Mechanic/Electrician Rexburg, Idaho:
Do you have an interest in making a difference at a privately held company that is committed to quality, employee development, and technical excellence?
Basic American Foods, a leader in dehydrated food production and the application of Lean in food processing, has an opening for a Maintenance Mechanic at the Shelley, Idaho facility. If you have a passion for continuous improvement, have a solid mechanical aptitude, and a drive to continuously learn, we invite you to join our team.
Who We Are:
What makes an amazing meal so great? The people who create them - those in kitchens and dining rooms everywhere who work hard to plan, prepare and cook every dish to perfection. They're heroes in our eyes, and it's our job to set them up for success. We are proud of our 85-year history, and we credit success to our startup mentality and strategic focus on providing tasty and innovative products to kitchens, cafeterias, and dining rooms throughout America. Our supportive and collaborative culture is driven by our mission - to make mealtime victories happen every single day.
Where We Are:
Our locations in Southeast Idaho provide the family-friendly feel of a small town with plenty of nearby nature to explore. This area is perfect for the outdoor activities lover and is only a short distance from two national parks!
What BAF is Like:
As a relatively flat organization, you have a voice from your first day, along with opportunities to explore, learn and develop new skills with challenging and rewarding work. We're focused on your success, both professionally and personally, and we are committed to helping you every step of the way. We are a family-owned, family-friendly company that empowers and supports our employees. We live out our company values and expect all team members to do the same.
Do You Have the Ingredients to Become a Basic American Foods Hero?
- This position is accountable for the timely installation, preventative maintenance, troubleshooting and repair of complex plant equipment and facilities that are instrumental in the efficient functioning of automated production lines and a manufacturing facility operating on a 24 hour/day, 7 day/week operation.
- The incumbent is assigned jobs by the supervisor or a superintendent and is expected to complete most jobs, including those of a complex nature, with little to no supervision. The Mechanic "A" works with others on higher skill level jobs, can act as a leader on lower skill level jobs, and may be assigned to a rotating shift.
- All assignments must be carried out under stringent safety and sanitation standards. Quality requirements are constantly monitored, necessitating equipment fabrication and machine operations within specific tolerances and operational specifications to insure the delivery of food products on time and at the lowest cost by conforming exactly to the customer's requirements. Participation of employees in the implementation of improved concepts is encouraged in all production processes.
- Skills required include an advanced journey level proficiency in welding, plumbing, electrical repair, running lathes and milling machines, fabricating and repairing pneumatic and hydraulic systems. Additionally, the incumbent must own and maintain a basic set of hand tools.
1. Troubleshoot and perform repairs to equipment that has failed in a manner that minimizes downtime.
2. During process line downtime, schedule and perform preventative maintenance and equipment repairs
3. Fabricate, manufacture or assemble items as indicated on blue prints, sketches or schematics of complex objects and circuitry as requested in work orders.
4. Rebuild or remodel highly complex pieces of machinery such as gear boxes, motors, etc.
5. Maintain an appropriate inventory of parts on hand to facilitate timely repair of equipment.
6. Maintain an up-to-date understanding of the proper use of all repair equipment through an on-going training schedule.
7. May be assigned to perform specialized job functions eg: auto/forklift mechanic, construction electrician, instrumentation, refrigeration, machinist, electronic specialist etc. Although assigned to a specialized job, the incumbent will be expected to assist in areas outside of that specialty as the need arises.
8. Understand safety regulations and procedures on all assignments.
Additional Traits That Set You Apart:
* Electrical license is strongly preferred.
You'll Love Working Here if You:
- Love what you do, and it shows. The employees who work here are passionate about what they do and proud of the impact we make in the world with our food.
- Are knowledgeable and confident, but never boastful. While we are proud of our company, our team and the products we create, we are humble and down to earth at our core.
- Are looking for a competitive salary and benefits. Including medical, dental and vision plans, retirement plans, paid vacation and sick time, life and disability insurance, and adoption assistance.
At BAF, we are an equal opportunity employer. We value diversity and strive to create a supportive and inclusive community of individuals committed to helping each other and our company thrive.
Location: Rexburg, ID
Application Method: Online
Base Pay: $18.34 - $24.26 HR