Employer: Brown and Caldwell
We have an exciting opportunity for a midlevel electrical designer to join our growing team with experience in electrical and/or Instrumentation and Controls (I&C) design and field services. Equipment upgrades for power, lighting, and control systems, field condition assessments, short circuit studies, protective device coordination, and arc hazards flash analysis are services in high demand from our clients. This is an extraordinary opportunity for a senior designer to leverage their skills, do challenging and meaningful work, and protect the earth’s resources at the same time. If you are looking for an opportunity to work in the potable water, wastewater, infrastructure and environmental arena on both the public and private side, with the potential to gain new knowledge, and skills.
For the right candidate, this position offers the opportunity for significant professional growth and the potential to collaborate with local and national teams. In this role, your responsibilities will include electrical and I&C conceptual through detailed design development, equipment layout, Process and Instrument Diagrams (P&IDs), development of contract drawings using 2D and 3D design approaches, BIM design, bid package preparation, field investigations, and support during construction. We are looking for candidates who have a passion for building things, meeting new people, mentoring staff, and collaborate with seasoned professionals who perform industrial and municipal electrical, and other water/wastewater work.
Primary responsibilities include:
• Use REVIT to design 3D electrical systems on projects for municipal clients
• Use AutoCAD to design wiring diagrams, Single Lines, and other drawings
• Prepare 3D/BIM equipment and instruments layouts from conceptual information to final construction documents
• Coordinate design efforts with other electrical and I&C drafters and designers
• Coordination of multidiscipline models with the ability to develop plans and sections across disciplines
• Coordinate design and model changes with other disciplines
• Field investigations, inspections, and field design support
• Interpretation and markup/update of electrical and/or I&C design plans and specifications
• Design development for facility power, lighting, control system and alarm systems
• Collaborating with a national team of technical experts in the electrical and process automation group
• High school graduate required.
• Completion of 2 year vocational training with an emphases on AutoCAD, and/or REVIT authoring tools
• Production experience in 3D/BIM design with experience in 3D modeling workflows is a strong plus
• Experience working in the municipal water/wastewater and/or private industry a plus
• Proficient in using AutoCAD for creating design and construction drawings
• Knowledge and experience using REVIT and Navisworks desired
• Solid understanding of the national electric code
• Understanding and experience with electrical safety, NFPA 70E, is a plus
• Understanding and experience with power systems software such as SKM Power Systems is a plus
For more than 70 years, Brown and Caldwell has been creating leading-edge environmental solutions for public agencies and private industry. We strive to be the environmental company of choice—to our clients, who benefit from our passion for delivering exceptional quality, and to our employees, present and future, who share our commitment to client service, collaboration and innovation. Join us, and you will find a home where you can do your best work, reach new levels of expertise and enjoy exceptional development opportunities. As a privately held firm with over 1,500 employee-owners in 50+ offices nationwide, the opportunity awaits for you to advance.
This position is subject to a pre-employment background check and a pre-employment drug test.
Notice to Third Party Agencies: Brown and Caldwell does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or employment agencies. In the event a recruiter or agency submits a resume or candidate without a previously signed agreement and approved engagement request with Brown and Caldwell, Brown and Caldwell reserves the right to pursue and hire those candidate(s) without any financial obligation to the recruiter or agency.
Brown and Caldwell is proud to be an EEO/AAP Employer. Minorities/Women/Disabled/Protected Veterans are encouraged to apply.
Contact Person: Brian Kershner
Location: Portland, OR
Application Method: Please send cover letter and resume to: bkershner@BrwnCald.com
Base Pay: DOE