Controls Panel Wireman/Technician
About our company
For 20 years, WaterTectonics has designed, manufactured, deployed and serviced advanced water treatment systems for clients in oil & gas, mining, industrial and construction applications. With over 1,200 completed projects in 11 countries and 22 states, we treat over 500 million gallons of water annually.
The WaterTectonics team has openings for a Controls Panel Wireman/Technician position. We are looking to attract and retain the most skilled and motivated talent by investing in our employees. With no two days being the same, a chance to travel, develop your career, a safe work environment, attractive wage, bonus programs, competitive benefits, company-sponsored 401(k) account and more.
This function’s primary responsibilities and activities;
• Assemble electrical control panels. Complete point to point wiring and install a wide variety of electronic and electro mechanical components (of a non-repetitive nature). Work from schematics, bills of material, hand written notes and written and verbal instructions. May have to determine the method and sequence of assembly operations. Utilize small hand tools such as wire strippers, crimpers, wrenches, screwdrivers, pliers and soldering irons.
• Work with minimal supervision once work assignments are given and explained. Ask questions to obtain sufficient instruction to perform assigned tasks.
• Read drawings, blueprints, electrical schematics and wiring diagrams. Use good judgment when dimensions or tolerances seem inconsistent or unworkable. Ask engineers or supervisors to clarify. Mark up drawings and bills of material to document the “as built" final product.
• Perform necessary hand operations such as deburring, drilling, grinding & sawing. Operate lift trucks and hand pallet jacks to move material within plant. Keep simple records.
• Work for the good of the company, accept instruction from supervisors and leads. Maintain a positive attitude and be a team player!
Position Duties and Responsibilities
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Reading schematics and wiring panels to specifications
2. Reading wire pull lists and pulling wire to devices
3. Terminating back panel and field wiring in systems
Percent of time (expressed as a proportion of 100%) that the jobholder spends performing each primary duty:
Functional, Technical & Personal Skill Requirements
• Listens well and can complete tasks with verbal instructions.
• Follows workplace safety practices
• Must have measuring and marking skills using a variety of manual measurement tools.
• Familiarity with power tools and their safe use.
• Good listener & hard worker
• Dependable and consistent attendance
Education & Preferred Certifications
• High School Diploma
• Equivalent Experience and/or trades school training
• Must be able to lift/carry materials up to a maximum of 75lbs, move about an uneven outdoor site.
• Communicate efficiently and effectively in person, and complete required paperwork.
• Subject to long, irregular hours.
• Requires extended periods of crawling, climbing, bending, pulling, working in tight places, walking and standing, up to 100% of a workday.
• Work conditions will vary with duty and responsibilities:
Manufacturing: will require work in a fast pace staging, production and manufacturing environment.
**Please note this we are a drug free business, all new hires will be required to take a drug test prior to being hired and random drug tests throughout the year. We participant in the I9 verify.**
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religious creed, color, national origin, ancestry, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, marital status, sex, age, sexual orientation, ethnicity status as a disabled veteran or veteran of the Vietnam era. Qualified applicants with criminal histories will also be considered in a manner that is consistent with the Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance and/or any other similar ordinances as required. WaterTectonics complies with applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training. We expressly prohibits any form of unlawful employee harassment..
WaterTectonics only employs those who are legally authorized to work in the United States and we participate in eVerify for I-9 Verification for all openings. Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background investigation and drug screen.
Locations: United States; Washington; Everett
Job Type: Full-time, Hourly Non-Exempt
Contact Person: Patricia Bennett
Location: Everett, WA
Application Method: Email
Base Pay: DOE