Employer: Perry Technical Institute
Under the direction of the Director of Enrollment & Accreditation, the Enrollment Specialist is responsible for working with prospective students to assist with the enrollment process, as well as ensuring that all applicants meet requirements to become a student at Perry Technical Institute.
Duties are performed in an office setting. Working effectively and collaboratively in a team environment is a must.
This is a non-exempt, full-time regular position. Hours may vary depending on the needs of the department. Overtime may be required.
WAGE RANGE: DOQ
We offer a competitive compensation and benefits package including health, dental, vision, prescription, 401(k) with profit share and matching, life and disability insurance, flexible spending plan, employee assistance plan, paid sick leave, vacation, 11 paid holidays, 4-day work weeks and more.
- Associate degree or certificate of completion from an accredited career college; or a combination of education and equivalent experience.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively and to interface with students and colleagues in a professional, cheerful, and welcoming manner.
- Experience performing basic office tasks, such as working with a multi-line phone system, emailing, and filing.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office programs, specifically Outlook, Excel, and Word.
- Must be willing to consent to a drug test.
- Experience using specialized database software and advanced Excel and Word functionality.
- Experience working in an office setting, preferably in higher education.
- Bilingual in English and Spanish.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Greet visitors and candidates, answer the phone, schedule appointments, and perform general office tasks.
- Meet with candidates and their families one-on-one to guide candidates through the enrollment process and the enrollment application.
- Assist applicants with preparing for the entrance exam and other enrollment requirements.
- Use phone, email, SMS, and postal mail communication systems to track and follow up with candidates.
- Process requests received by phone, e-mail, or in person for information regarding current program offerings and the enrollment process.
- Create, track, and evaluate incoming student files to ensure they are complete and accurate prior to each quarter start date and to maintain compliance with institutional, accreditation, state and federal regulations.
- Utilize computer-based tools including the Student Information System and custom reports to monitor program enrollment and help make strategic decisions regarding how to maximize efficiency and effectiveness while achieving enrollment goals.
- Assist in planning, executing, and assessing quarterly new student orientations.
- Work closely with the exam center, financial aid, registration, and admissions teams to ensure a seamless student journey.
- Work effectively and compassionately with students and colleagues from academically, culturally, and economically diverse backgrounds.
- Other duties as assigned.
Location: Yakima, WA
Application Method: Online
Base Pay: $15 - $17 HR