Employer: Tree Top
Maintain and improve plant equipment in a professional manner. Assist plant operations through planning and problem solving. Increase efficiency, maximize output, and reduce waste, train mechanics, operators, and technicians.
include the following. Other duties may be assigned. All of the following are to be performed while adhering to Tree Top operational policies, safety rules, procedures and good manufacturing practices.
It is the responsibility of every employee at Tree Top Inc. to report food safety and food quality problems or risks to personnel with the authority to initiate action against these said possible risks. The Organization chart indicated key personnel with the authority to take action.
This is a representative sample--not to imply a complete listing of all responsibilities and tasks.
- Communicate with mechanics, co-workers, and next shift personnel
- Interpret information for job repairs
- Complete shift reports daily.
- Complete time sheets daily.
- Talk to technicians and co-workers regarding machine operating efficiencies
- Maintain Records on equipment
- Notify appropriate people if problems arise
- Communicate with purchasing re: Parts ordering and Inventory levels
- Clock in and out of Time and Attendance system and change - Job codes as required.
- Complete Assigned Work Orders in a timely manner.
- Use Movex Program to complete work orders and document activities.
- Delegate work to other mechanics.
Train and Assist Operators
- Relieve operators in emergency situations
- Provide technical assistance
- Provide physical assistance
- Support co-workers ideas and work
- Train new team members as required
- Assist operators in training positions
Maintain a Clean, Safe Work Area:
- Sweep floors and remove debris
- Keep work area clean and rinse when necessary
- Follow proper cleaning procedures: cover photo eyes, motors and electrical components etc.
- Follow proper handling procedures when working with chemicals
- Follow- Daily, Weekly, Monthly and Annual Master Sanitation Schedules
- Maintains area of responsibility to meet GMP standards
- Follow LOTO (lock out/ tag out) procedures when cleaning
- Maintain a Clean and Safe Work Area:
- Observe lock out procedures
- Remove all tools and equipment when finished
- Pick up debris
- Sweep work area
- Maintains area of responsibility to meet GMP standards
- Observe Confined Space Entry Procedures.
- Observe Hot Work Permit Procedures.
- Observe Emergence Evacuation Procedures
- Observe Hazardous Material Policies.
- Account for all tools and parts used on the production floor.
Complete Special Projects:
- Convert ideas into finished products
- Determine parts availability
- Plan layout
- Plan workload
- Delegate tasks to specialists
- Fabricate equipment as instructed
Make Process Improvements:
- Perform process changes as approved by supervisors
- Monitor improvements to ensure efficiency increases
- Inform supervisors of needed process improvements
- Test improvements
Improve Existing Processes:
- Decide how to improve process
- Alert supervisor of needed improvements
- Fabricate improvements as required
- Test new process
Learn New Techniques and Methods:
- Demonstrate willingness to learn new techniques
- Use new procedures on equipment
- Read information on systems
- Receive on the job training in technical classes
Maintain Pride in Workmanship:
- Produce quality workmanship in a professional manner
- Maintain a positive attitude
- Complete job in a timely manner
- Set a positive example for co-workers
- Provide a neat appearance: personnel and plant
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
High school diploma or general education degree (GED).
Two years position related experience and/or training or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Ability to communicate in English
Ability to read and comprehend complex instructions, statistical correspondence, and memos in English.
Ability to write simple correspondence in English
Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, other employees of TreeTop.
Ability to communicate effectively in English.
Ability to comprehend statistical data, performs laboratory analysis, and comprehends laboratory specifications and procedures.
Ability to add, subtracts, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent.
Ability to draw and interpret bar graphs
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS:
GMP-training and understanding of standards
Computer – Working knowledge and Use Movex and Operating System Programs as required.
OTHER SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is/or could be required to:
Sit stand, walk, use hands to; finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; climb or balance; talk or hear; taste or smell; reach with hands and arms, stoop, kneel, crouch, and crawl.
The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 50 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move more than 100 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision for making machine adjustments and completing paperwork, distance vision to observe line operation and safety, color vision for color coded equipment, peripheral vision for safety and machine operation and repair, depth perception for safety and machine operation and repair, and the ability to adjust focus for safety and machine operation and repair.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is/or could be exposed to:
Extreme heat, moving mechanical parts, wet and/or humid conditions, electrical shock, high precarious positions, fumes or airborne particles, toxic or caustic chemicals, all weather conditions, vibrations, and loud noise.
The noise level in the work environment is loud and sometimes very load due to machine operation adjustments.
The above job profile does not include all essential and nonessential duties of this job. All employees with disabilities are encouraged to contact the Human Resources Department to review and discuss the essential and nonessential functions of the job. The employee with a disability can evaluate the job in greater detail to determine if she/he can safely perform the essential functions of this job with or without reasonable accommodation.
Job profiles are not intended, nor should they be construed to be, an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, tasks, skills, efforts, working conditions or similar behaviors, attributes or requirements associated with a job. A job profile is not a comprehensive job description. It is intended for the sole purpose of acquainting a person who is unfamiliar with such position with a brief overview of the position's general direction and scope. This position profile is company confidential, is intended for internal use only and may not be copied or reproduced by anyone for any purpose without written permission from the Vice President of Human Resources
Tree Top is an EEO/Affirmative Action employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other status in accordance with law.
Location: Selah, WA
Application Method: Online
Base Pay: DOQ