Employer: Pacific Northwest University
Pacific Northwest University of Health Sciences (PNWU) was founded as a 501(c) (3) non-profit medical institution in 2005 aimed at increasing access to health care in medically underserved areas of the Pacific Northwest.
The University currently offers the degree of Doctor of Osteopathic Medicine enrolling a total of 560 medical students with plans to develop other programs and/or colleges. Interprofessional education partnerships with other universities adds another 100 students to the population. The campus includes 300 employees with academic programming spread over a five state region.
PNWU is located in Yakima, WA, a city of approximately 95,000 located in the south central part of the state near the eastern slopes of the Cascade Mountains in a major agricultural and outdoor recreation region. It is approximately 140 miles from Seattle, 170 miles from Portland, and 200 miles from Spokane. The Yakima Valley is a wonderful place to live, work and play. For more information, visit www.liveyakimavalley.com.
Responsible for administrative and clerical duties necessary to run an organization efficiently. Serves as an information manager for office, including scheduling meetings, appointments, organizing and maintaining paper and electronic files, manage projects, and conduct research. Also serve the needs of the organization and its external constituents as the institutional hub for communicating with internal and external audiences and for building and maintaining key relationships.
Essential Job Functions:
• Coordinates student schedules for offsite clinical experience and maintains communication as necessary
• Coordinates FM course curriculum as directed, including assisting faculty with updating and developing FM course materials and maintaining faculty schedules
• Develops and coordinates student schedules for FM courses, ensuring availability of documents on Learning Management System accordingly
• Processing and reporting student grades for FM courses as directed
• Prepare and distribute materials for medical personnel involved in FM courses
• Track and report CME hours as directed
• Assist with lab set up/tear down as directed
• Maintain inventory and order supplies for FM courses
• Schedules and completes minutes for FM department meeting
• Maintains and approves time & attendance for per click faculty in FM department
• Track all faculty hours to ensure hours are accurate and used accordingly
• Understands accreditation standards and expectations specific to the department and adheres to policies and procedures to meet or exceed such standards
• Conducts himself/herself appropriately and consistently in accordance with the philosophy and mission of PNWU
• Other duties as assigned
• Required: High School Diploma or GED
• Preferred: Two years college or equivalent work experience
• Proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office programs, i.e., Outlook, Excel, Word, Power Point
Desired Skills, Knowledge and Abilities:
Strong organization, interpersonal, and planning skills; strong verbal and written communication skills; ability to work in a team and flexibility to work with others in a variety of circumstances; ability to problem solve by analyzing issues and creating action plans; ability to manage projects and people and prioritize and self-direct work flow; ability to work with and manage different computer programs and databases; and schedule activities and/or meetings.
To ensure full consideration apply by the closing date.
The job announcement above is not the full job description, but represents the job responsibilities and requirements. A full job description can be provided upon request.
For information about life in Yakima visit www.liveyakimavalley.com.
PNWU is a drug-free workplace, equal opportunity employer and educational institution. To request this publication in an alternative format, or to apply in an alternative format, please call Human Resources, 509.452.5100.
Location: Yakima, WA
Application Method: Online
Base Pay: DOQ