Employer: Yakima Chief Hops
- 5+ years of ETL development. Specific experience with ETL concepts to include tools and processes such as data analysis, database conversion, data mining or data migration.
- 5+ years of experience with Microsoft development technologies such as SSRS, SSAS, SSIS and supporting concepts including OLAP, analytics, data mining, dimensional modeling (relational and non-relational), and benchmarking.
- Strong SQL development skills with expertise in SQL - Server’s TSQL, SQL Server Integration Services, and mySQL.
- Microsoft Azure SQL Platform-as-a-Service experience is desired.
- Experience architecting ETL packages, and designing and developing data systems (SQL server based on cloud, on-premise, and analytics).
- MS Power BI experience is desired.
- Experience with developing enterprise data solutions to populate a data warehouse for a production environment following current best practices within source-controlled.
- Experience with SQL Server agent jobs.
- Ability to extrapolate database schema to meet the business needs of the application.
- Ability to document issues and “lessons learned”, in an effort to employ preventative measures.
- Excellent communication skills with both technical and non-technical audiences.
- Strong analytical skills and attention to detail.
Bachelor degree from 4-year institution focusing on Information Technology, Computer Science, or similar discipline with 4-5 years of career experience.
ETL Developer will work with a data-focused team and is responsible for designing, testing and executing both one-off and prescheduled SQL scripts, as well as ETL packages, to migrate data from multiple data sources into a data warehouse environment.
Designs data transformation logic, management processes and capabilities (e.g., governance, archiving, metadata, master data and data quality). Documents technical designs based on business requirements and functional designs, develops and executes applicable test plans and scenarios, and oversees applicable testing processes before code is deployed to production environment.
- Devise and build data processing jobs for the creation and maintenance of tables and views.
- Understand and work with multiple data sources to create a unified solution that implements the client’s business rules and supports their analytical needs.
- Create stored procedures, SSIS packages and use other methods to import/translate/manipulate data.
- Analyze potential data quality issues to determine the root cause and create effective solutions.
- Optimize processes involving large data sets to improve performance via evaluation, validation, correction and enrichment of data for analysis.
- Work with stakeholders to understand their business requirements and make recommendations to help solve problems or improve processes.
- Deliver high quality projects on-time and within budget in a fast-paced environment.
- Maintain sanitary and safe work environment.
- Follow safety requirements.
- May actively participate on company’s Safety Committee.
- Ensure that company safety policies as well as federal, state and local safety and environmental regulations are observed.
- Must have a complete understanding of company’s policies, SOPs, QPs, EPs, HACCP and cGMP to ensure quality, safety, efficiency and sustainability.
- Must adhere to all company policies.
- Examine documents, materials, and products and monitor work processes to assess completeness, accuracy and conformance to standards and specifications.
- Follow all SOPs in each area.
- Perform all other duties as assigned by Manager and/or designee.
Location: Yakima, WA
Application Method: Online
Base Pay: DOQ