Employer: Yakima Chief Hops
Supervise fabrication of custom hops processing equipment as designed by YCH Engineering and operations team. Also help maintain new fabrication shop and equipment while mentoring other company fabricators on the latest industry best practices and assisting maintenance mechanics form all facilities as needed.
- 3-5 years Fabrication Supervision experience required. - Experience in sheet metal, custom equipment and structures Preferred.
- Knowledgeable in stainless steel fabrication and classifications.
- Must be proficient in SMAW (stick), GTAW (TIG), and GMAW (MIG) welding. Current welding certification preferred.
- Knowledgeable in welding certifications/procedures and welding symbols.
- PC skills- Microsoft Office, Outlook, Excel, and AutoCAD a plus.
- Familiarity with sanitary design and CIP standards.
- Ability to read and follow technical drawings, P&ID diagrams and blueprints.
- Ability to generate bill of material from technical drawings and blueprints.
- Familiarity with industrial controls systems, pneumatic and hydraulic systems.
- Must have machining skills; must be able to safely operate a vertical mill and lathe.
- Strong communication skills – must be able to effectively communicate both verbally and in writing highly technical information to managers and coworkers.
- Willingness to work collaboratively and independently.
- Experience using and interfacing with a CMMS system.
- Understanding of hops.
- Ability to effectively participate and lead a team on project and fabrication activities as directed.
- Strong safety record and be an active safety monitor and champion.
Familiarity with plant equipment operations (raw material handling, milling, vertical form fill and seal bagging, chiller, boiler, refrigeration, pumps, compressors, PLC/SCADA).
- Possess a strong work ethic to positively contribute to the company’s mission, vision, values, environmental policy and quality policy.
- Must have a positive attitude, support co-workers to obtain desired objectives, and assist others in their contributions.
- Ability to sit/stand/walk for extended periods of time and access stairs and ladders.
- Ability to bend, stoop, squat occasionally to frequently.
- Ability to wear appropriate personal protective equipment (in required areas) for extended periods of time.
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs, carry up to 44 lbs occasionally to frequently within normal limits.
- Ability to adapt to changing paces and processes quickly.
- Must be able to learn ERP systems to perform data entry & print reports.
- Attentive to the task and own surroundings.
- Fabricate custom processing equipment as designed.
- Lead installation of new processing equipment.
- Maintain and repair shop equipment including horizontal metal bandsaw, drill press, milling machine, lathe, welding machines, brake, shear etc.
- Fabricate replacement parts for existing equipment.
- Actively participate in continuous improvement and LEAN initiatives.
- Assist with complex repairs and overhauls of existing equipment.
- Document all work in electronic maintenance system.
- Fill in for or assist lead mechanics during absences, vacations or large projects at all processing facilities.
- Meet with department manager and team members to assess progress and discuss needed changes.
- Maintain sanitary and safe work environment.
Follow safety requirements and be a safety
- May actively participate on company’s Safety Committee.
- Ensure that company safety policies as well as federal, state and local safety and environmental regulations are observed.
- Must have a complete understanding of company’s policies, SOPs, QPs, EPs, HACCP and cGMP to ensure quality, safety, efficiency and sustainability.
- Must adhere to all company policies.
- Examine documents, materials, and products and monitor work processes to assess completeness, accuracy and conformance to standards and specifications.
- Follow all SOPs in a given area.
- Perform all other duties as assigned by Manager and/or designee.
Location: Yakima, WA
Application Method: Online
Base Pay: DOQ