Employer: Perry Technical Institute
Electrical Technology Program:
This is a full time, year round teaching appointment in the Electrical Technology program. This position will report to the Electrical Technology Department Head.
Duties are performed in a classroom, lab and field. Working effectively and collaboratively in a team environment is a must. This is an exempt, full-time, regular position. Working conditions will often match industry as follows:
Electricians work indoors and outdoors, in homes, businesses, factories, and construction sites. On the jobsite, they occasionally work in cramped spaces. The long periods of standing and kneeling can be tiring. Those who work in factories are often subject to noisy machinery. As a result, hearing protection must be worn to protect workers from excess noise. Although a few accidents are potentially fatal, common injuries include electrical shocks, falls, burns, and other minor injuries. Workers must therefore wear protective clothing and safety glasses to reduce these risks.
Salary range: DOQ
We offer a competitive compensation and benefits package including health, dental, vision, prescription, 401(k) with profit share and matching, life and disability insurance, flexible spending plan, employee assistance plan, paid sick leave, up to 5 weeks of scheduled breaks, 11 paid holidays, 4-day work weeks and more.
- Must have three (3) years of related practical work experience in the subject area(s) taught, as required by all faculty teaching technical and occupationally related courses in non degree program.
- Ability to communicate effectively and to interface with business and professional constituents.
- Will on occasion be required to drive on behalf of Perry Technical Institute. Employee must possess a working vehicle, hold a valid driver’s license, have an acceptable driving record, and produce proof of insurance.
- Must be willing to consent to a drug test.
- Certificate of completion from an accredited career school in the subject area(s) taught or associate’s degree.
- Previous teaching experience.
- Excellent lecture skills.
- Knowledge and skill in industry.
- Ability to integrate industry scenarios and role playing into instruction.
- Ability to contribute to curriculum development and skilled at bringing the business community to the classroom.
Essential Job Functions:
- Teach in a hands-on lecture and lab environment.
- Participate in course and program development.
- Maintain compliance with state and national accrediting agencies.
- Remain current in industry.
- Interact with other departments in pursuing the institution’s goals and objectives, including Admissions and Career Services.
- Complete and maintain an ongoing professional growth plan.
- Attend and complete new instructor orientation and training.
- Other duties as assigned.
Location: Yakima, WA
Application Method: Online
Base Pay: DOQ