Employer: Pro Comm / Progressive Elec
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
The Apprentice will spend most of the time in the field, which will require walking over varied terrain, climbing ladders and scaffolding, working at heights and other potentially dangerous conditions.
Conditions may be hazardous, noisy and dusty, with extreme temperatures. Travel to work sites will generally be by company truck, so normal auto travel hazards apply. Sometime will be spent in an enclosed, temperature controlled buildings with little noise.
• Arrive at the work site ready to work, and have all the required hand tools.
• Clearly understand the job and the tasks assigned to you by the Journeyman.
• Anticipate the tools and parts needed, minimize trips around the worksite and to the truck.
• Work as a team with Journeyman and others and ensure your work is done safely and properly.
• Do quality work that meets customer expectations and company standards.
• Stay on task to ensure that repair work is productive and efficient.
• Maintain a professional demeanor and appearance with customers.
• Perform any other duties and tasks assigned by your Journeyman or the Service Manager.
• Apprentices report to their assigned Journeyman for direction and assistance.
• Obtain all required Continuing Education Units, and keep all Certificates current.
• Learn code requirements and all the knowledge required to pass the Journeyman's Exam.
Education & Requirements:
• A High School diploma or G.E.D.
• Must have or obtain a Washington State Limited Energy Electrical Apprentice Certificate
• Have valid Driver's License with an insurable driving record.
• Prefer at least basic knowledge with Conduit and low-voltage systems.
• Requires good math, communications and memory skills.
• Must be able to read and interpret plans and blueprints, and must be proficient in the English language.
• Must be able to stand, walk, climb stairs and ladders, bend over and lift up to 100 lbs. Required body movements will include turning the head and torso, reaching, grasping, bending, twisting and flexing the back, legs, arms, wrists and fingers. Sight requirements include the ability to visually distinguish subtle differences in wire colors. The sense of hearing and the full power of speech are required for communication and safety.
• Must pass a background check (no criminal record/no felonies) and periodic drug screening.
Contact Person: GULNARA GANTSGORN
Location: Seattle, WA
Application Method: Email: email@example.com
Base Pay: DOE