Employer: Seattle Safety
Seattle Safety designs, manufactures, installs and services innovative crash testing systems to improve vehicle and aircraft safety, to prevent injury, and to save lives. Our systems are installed in automotive and aerospace facilities in 14 different countries across Asia, Europe, North and South America.
Join our growing team and contribute to this exciting, meaningful work!
The Electrical Designer performs a combination of tasks which include the design and documentation of industrial control panel assemblies, subsystem assemblies and machinery wiring. This position is responsible for creating Bills of Material (BOMs) for electrical assemblies and managing the inventory of electrical parts.
• Create electrical schematics using schematic entry software including new schematics, updating schematics and collecting as built changes.
• Create accurate BOMs corresponding to electrical schematics.
• Perform calculations for electrical circuit sizing including motors and select proper components from these calculations.
• Manage the electrical documentation system.
• Use test equipment like voltmeter, ohmmeter, multimeter, etc.
• Plan overall electrical assembly and subassembly operations for large electrical equipment and machinery.
• Work with engineering to understand and troubleshoot complex electrical assemblies.
• Assist electrical technicians in construction of electrical equipment.
• Work closely with other staff such as technicians and engineering to optimize design and integrate electrical and mechanical components.
• Create and maintain the documentation of standard work processes; lead the development of assembly instructions, processes, and procedures.
• Provide troubleshooting and technical support for team members locally and abroad in performance, installation, and maintenance of electrical systems.
• Assist with testing of new electrical equipment.
• Minimum of two years vocational electrical training plus five years of related experience or bachelor’s degree in electrical engineering plus two years of related experience. An equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered.
• Experience using AutoCAD, ePlan or similar software for electrical schematics.
• Ability to understand electrical theory.
• Ability to read electrical schematic drawings and generate parts lists.
• Experience with AC and DC for power and control.
• Familiarity with industrial control electrical system, data acquisition concepts, and hardware, and be able to troubleshoot electrical systems from the component to assembly level.
• Industrial controls design experience preferred.
• Basic knowledge of PLC’s with the ability to upload/download programs and reading simple PLC programs.
• Knowledge of US and International electrical codes (NEC and IEC) preferred.
• Must have strong communication skills including the ability to read, write and understand English.
• Must be able to pass pre-employment background check.
Benefits and Compensation
• Competitive wage
• Medical, dental, and vision plans – Employee premiums paid at 100%
• Flexible Spending Account to cover out of pocket medical expenses
• Dependent Care Savings Account
• Employee Assistant Program (EAP)
• 401(k) with 100% match up to 3% of base pay
• 3 weeks PTO
• 10 paid holidays
• Profit Sharing program
• Tuition Reimbursement
Contact Person: Lindsey Sosa
Location: Auburn, WA
Application Method: Email
Base Pay: DOQ