Employer: Perry Technical Institute
Medical Assistant Program:
This is a full time, year-round hourly position in the Medical Technology Department. This position will report to the Medical Technology Department Head.
Duties are performed in a classroom and clinical lab environment. Working effectively and collaboratively in a team environment is a must.
This is a non-exempt, full-time, regular position. Overtime may be required.
WAGE RANGE: DOQ
We offer a competitive compensation and benefits package including health, dental, vision, prescription, 401(k) with profit share and matching, life and disability insurance, flexible spending plan, employee assistance plan, paid sick leave, up to 5 weeks of scheduled breaks, 11 paid holidays, 4 day work weeks and more.
- Current Washington State certification as Medical Assistant Certified.
- High school diploma or general equivalency diploma (GED).
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to communicate effectively and to interface with business and professional constituents.
- Must be willing to consent to a drug test.
- Knowledge and skill in practical office applications.
- Knowledge and skill in various clinical practice activities.
- Knowledge and skill in clinical laboratory setting.
- Versed at setup, use, and maintenance of a variety of clinical equipment.
- Having taken and passed or willing and eligible to sit for one of the following exams:
- CMA through the American Association of Medical Assistants
- RMA through the American Medical Technologists
- NHA through the National Healthcare Association
- Medical Assistant Certification through the National Center for Competency Testing
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Co-supervise and manage the clinical environment.
- Identify and attend industry training opportunities.
- Interact with other departments in pursuing the institution’s goals and objectives, including recruitment and career services.
- Set up and maintain clinical lab environment.
- Any additional tasks as directed by the Department Head.
- Other duties as assigned.
Location: Yakima, WA
Application Method: Online
Base Pay: $15 - $17 HR