Employer: NVT Group
The machine operator is responsible for programming, set up, and operation of a Computer Numerical Control (CNC) lathe and mill machine.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
1. Plans machining interpreting dimensions and tolerances from work orders, blue prints, engineering drawings and specifications.
2. Programs machines by entering instructions and reference points, sets took registers, offsets, compensation and conditional switches, calculating requirements using basic math and geometry and trigonometry; proving part programs.
3. Sets up machines by installing and adjusting jaw chucks, tools, attachments, collets, bushings, cams, gears, indicating vices, and stops and stock pushers.
4. Loads feed mechanism by lifting stock into position.
5. Verifies settings by measuring positions, first-run part and sample workpieces by adhering to standards
6. Maintains specifications by observing drilling, grooving, and cutting, including turning, facing, knurling and thread chasing operations, taking measurements, detecting malfunctions, troubleshooting processes, adjusting and reprogramming, and replacing worn tools.
7. Adheres to quality assurance procedures and process regulations.
8. Adheres to OSHA standards and always follows safety regulations.
9. Maintains equipment using preventative maintenance requirements.
10. Documents actions in production and quality logs
This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to vibration. The employee works near moving mechanical parts and occasionally in high, precarious places and is occasionally exposed to risk of electrical shock. The noise level in the work environment is usually very loud. The employee is required to wear Personal Protective Equipment e.g. noise protectors, safety glasses, safety shoes
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand. The employee is frequently required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls and to climb or balance. The employee is occasionally required to walk; reach with hands and arms; stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl, and talk or hear.
The employee must regularly lift and move up to 10 pounds, frequently lift and move up to 50 pounds, and occasionally lift and move up to 100 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time non-exempt position 40 hours per week.
No travel is expected for this position.
Education and Experience:
Associates degree or technical training plus one year of experience as a CNC Machinist or equivalent combination of education and experience.
We are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration without regards to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Contact Person: Stephanie McEwan
Location: Santa Cruz, CA
Application Method: Please send cover letter and resume to: Stephanie.McEwan@nvtgroup.com
Base Pay: DOW