Employer: Perry Technical Institute
Under the direction of the Director of Information Technology, the System Administrator is responsible for managing and maintaining the network and server infrastructure for the school.
Duties are performed in an office setting. Working effectively and collaboratively in a team environment is a must.
This is a non-exempt, full-time regular position. Hours may vary depending on the needs of the department. Overtime may be required.
WAGE RANGE: DOQ
We offer a competitive compensation and benefits package including health, dental, vision, prescription, 401(k) with profit share and matching, life and disability insurance, flexible spending plan, employee assistance plan, paid sick leave, vacation, 11 paid holidays, 4 day work weeks and more.
- Associate’s degree or certificate of completion from an accredited career college; or a combination of education and equivalent experience.
- Will on occasion be required to drive on behalf of Perry Technical Institute. Employee must possess a working vehicle, hold a valid driver’s license, have an acceptable driving record, and produce proof of insurance.
- Must be willing to consent to a drug test.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or a related technical discipline.
- Technical Certifications (Microsoft, Cisco, VMWare, CompTIA).
- Experience working with the following technologies:
-VMWare ESXi virtual infrastructure, VMWare Horizon View VDI infrastructure, various backup technologies (tape, virtual, replication, etc…), Windows Server environment, Microsoft Skype for Business environment and Microsoft Exchange Server, Office 365.
- Experience working with network switches, routers, SANs, wireless infrastructure devices, IP surveillance systems, firewalls, IDS, SIEM, and log management systems.
- Experience working with server and end point security.
- Experience working in an academic setting.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Manage, maintain, and troubleshoot various technologies.
- Design and terminate inside/outside plant structured cabling.
- Work unsupervised, prioritize tasks, and maintain a high level of organization.
- Communicate effectively and interface with staff and faculty in a professional, approachable manner.
- Provide system support for all network and server related technologies (voice, video, data, etc…) for the school.
- Provide support to IT Services support staff for escalated issues.
- Provide recommendations for enhancing network and data infrastructure.
- Design and document network topologies.
- Other duties as assigned.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear.
- The employee is required to be able to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
- The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds and occasionally lift and or move up to 75 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, and ability to adjust focus.
Location: Yakima, WA
Application Method: Online
Base Pay: DOQ