Employer: Perry Technical Institute
Business Technology and Accounting Program
This is a 12 month position with full time teaching appointment in the Business Technology and Accounting program. This position will report to the Business Technology and Accounting Department Head.
Please see the BTA Curriculum and the course descriptions listed in the Perry Technical Institute Catalog at https://www.perrytech.edu/academics/catalog.html.
Duties are performed in a classroom, lab and field. Working effectively and collaboratively in a team environment is a must. This is an exempt, full-time, regular position. Working conditions will often match industry as follows:
Most secretaries, administrative assistants, bookkeeping, accounting, and auditing clerks work full time in an office setting.
Bureau of Labor Statistics, U.S. Department of Labor, Occupational Outlook Handbook, 2016-17 Edition, Bookkeeping, Accounting, and Auditing Clerks, on the Internet at http://www.bls.gov/ooh/office-and-administrative-support/bookkeeping-accounting-and-auditing-clerks.htm (visited May 02, 2016).
Salary range: DOQ
We offer a competitive compensation and benefits package including health, dental, vision, prescription, 401(k) with profit share and matching, life and disability insurance, flexible spending plan, employee assistance plan, paid sick leave, up to 5 weeks of scheduled breaks, 11 paid holidays, 4-day work weeks and more.
- Faculty teaching technical and occupationally related courses in an associate degree program must have a minimum of three (3) years of related practical work experience in the subject area(s) taught AND must possess an associate degree.
- Ability to communicate effectively and to interface with business and professional constituents.
- Must be willing to consent to a drug test.
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree.
- Previous teaching experience.
- Excellent lecture skills.
- Knowledge and skill in industry.
- Ability to integrate industry scenarios and role playing into instruction.
- Ability to contribute to curriculum development and skilled at bringing the business community to the classroom.
Essential job functions:
- Teach in a hands-on lecture and lab environment.
- Participate in course and program development.
- Maintain compliance with state and national accrediting agencies.
- Remain current in industry.
- Interact with other departments in pursuing the institution’s goals and objectives, including Admissions and Career Services.
- Complete and maintain an ongoing professional growth plan.
- Attend and complete new instructor orientation and training.
- Other duties as assigned.
Location: Yakima, WA
Application Method: Online
Base Pay: DOQ