Employer: Puget Sound Energy
Puget Sound Energy is looking to grow our community with like-minded, top talented individuals like you! With our rapidly growing, award winning energy efficiency programs, our pathway to an exciting and innovative future is now.
PSE's New Product Development team is looking for qualified candidates to fill an open Engineering Assistant position!
This position performs a wide variety of technical support activities in the engineering, operation and maintenance of the energy delivery system. Typical duties include supporting our staff in the development, design and drafting of projects using CAD and other software applications that focus on Street Lighting Activities; working closely with engineering staff to ensure that designs meet applicable state, federal and industry codes and standards; organizing and maintaining PSE’s street light records and plans (maps, drawings and databases); conducting street light office and field research, measurement and verification for equipment and data; assisting in the preparation of street light cost estimates and specifications and under direct supervision conducting street light analysis to develop design and operational options or recommendations.
Upholds the safety compliance standards inherent in PSE’s operating and/or field procedures related to work responsibilities. Promotes and supports a culture of total safety.
- Performs various engineering tasks using applications and tools specific to job assignment and discipline. Examples include:
- Assists in the preparation of engineering studies, designs and drawings.
- Creates and update equipment records, job work orders and project documentation.
- Conducts office and field research, measurement and - verification of equipment data.
- Assists in the preparation of project cost estimates and specifications.
- Reviews engineering and records documents for accuracy and completeness.
- Supports emergency response work as requested including immediate and extended restoration efforts driven by weather and other system failures
- Documents research for system compliance requirements.
- SAP data management.
- Documents and processes improvement recommendations.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- High School graduate with technical field experience or drafting certificate or equivalent experience.
- Effective communication and organizational skills.
- Proficient with PC software and database applications.
- Two-year associate or technical degree in design or pre-engineering and proficient in CAD drafting tools.
- Utility operations experience, strong knowledge of subject matter within assigned area of focus.
Families and businesses depend on PSE to provide the energy they need to pursue their dreams. Our steadfast commitment to serving Washington communities with safe, dependable and efficient energy started in 1873. Today we're building the Northwest's energy future through efforts like our award winning energy efficiency programs and our leadership in renewable energy.
At PSE we value and respect our employees and provide them opportunities to excel. We offer an expansive pay package that includes competitive compensation, annual goals-based incentive bonuses, comprehensive benefits, 401(K), a company paid retirement pension plan, and an employee assistance and wellness program.
Puget Sound Energy is committed to providing equal employment opportunity to all qualified applicants. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, veteran status or presence of a disability that with or without reasonable accommodation does not prevent performance of the essential functions of the job. Should you have a disability that requires assistance and/or reasonable accommodation with the job application process, please contact the Human Resources Staffing department at firstname.lastname@example.org or 425-462-3017.
Location: Bellevue, WA
Application Method: Online
Base Pay: DOQ