Employer: Yakima Chief Hops
Job Title: Desktop Support Analyst
Department: Information Technology
Reports to: Director of IT Infrastructure
The Desktop Support Analyst is responsible for: three-tier support for over a multitude of platforms possessing a background in handling different software and hardware needs of computers and users; applies logic to quickly solve technical issues; provides great customer service to ALL customers; and develop and maintain a vast technical knowledge to remediate technical issues, both hardware and software with minimal supervision.
- Demonstrate a powerful sense of internal customer service and strong work ethic to positively contribute to the company’s mission and vision.
- Requires sound written and verbal communication skills; must be able to communicate proficiently to a non-technical audience.
- Standard desktop support skills: troubleshooting, install, repair, desktops/laptops, wide a range of printing devices, multi-platform mobile devices, scan guns, etc.
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks within a high-pressure environment using creative problem solving skills for timely resolution of IS issues.
- Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
- Adept at reading, writing, and interpreting technical documentation and procedure manuals.
- Ability to conduct research into software/hardware issues and new products as required.
- Familiarity is preferred in the following areas:
- Helpdesk ticketing software
- Desktop enterprise application installations
- Microsoft O365
- Remote network access software (i.e. Citrix, web client deployment)
- LAN/WAN administration
- Anti-virus/anti-spam hardware and software
- VoIP telephony
- Digital video surveillance systems (CCTV)
- Bar-coding and scanning systems
- Video conferencing systems
- Data management
Two-year degree strongly preferred, with emphasis in information systems-related coursework and/or at least 2 years’ equivalent work experience.
- Provide technical support for hardware and software issues, including diagnosing and resolving problems with the ability to effectively communicate solutions by phone, email, and in person.
- Provide technical support for IP/digital/analog phone repairs, adds, changes, and moves.
- Train and assist staff in use of hardware and software, new user orientation, and coordinate any vendor provided training.
- Creation of user profiles in AD and other software programs as required.
- Conduct hardware and software configuration changes as designated by published best practice guidelines.
- Assist with the procurement and inventory of equipment and software.
- Serve as a liaison with vendors, consultants, and end users.
- Create and update documentation for knowledge base.
- Adhere to all company policies.
- Remain vigilant in the pursuit and presentation of process improvement and enhanced efficiency.
- Maintain sanitary and safe work environment.
- Follow safety requirements.
- May actively participate on company’s Safety Committee.
- Ensure that company safety policies as well as federal, state and local safety and environmental regulations are observed.
- Must have a complete understanding of company’s policies, SOPs, QPs, EPs, HACCP and cGMP to ensure quality, safety, efficiency and sustainability.
- Must adhere to all company policies.
- Examine documents, materials, and products and monitor work processes to assess completeness, accuracy and conformance to standards and specifications.
- Follow all SOPs in each area.
Perform all other duties as assigned by Manager and/or designee.
Location: Yakima, WA
Application Method: Online
Base Pay: DOQ