Employer: Yakima Chief Hops
Job Title: IT Project Manager
Department: Information Technology
Reports to: Chief Information Officer
- Ability to anticipate risks and devise solutions in the moment.
- Strong team leadership skills.
- Strong knowledge of business objectives.
- Understanding of software development lifecycles (i.e. Agile, SCRUM, Waterfall, Iterative).
- High degree of professional confidence and credibility with the presence and communication skills to represent IT-related concepts effectively with executive-level management.
- Be comfortable in many PM software systems such as Smartsheet, Monday, JIRA.
- Polished written and verbal communication skills.
- Proven experience managing multiple, concurrent and disparate IT projects/programs. Flexibility and adaptability working in a fast-paced environment.
- Demonstrate a powerful sense of internal customer service and strong work ethic to positively contribute to the company’s mission and vision.
- A true team player and driven self-starter who enjoys collaborating, learning from or teaching others.
- BS degree in Computer Science/IT or related fields and 5-6 years of experience in project management/implementations specializing in IT. PMI certification or equivalent preferred
The project manager (PM) is responsible for delivering measured business outcomes from projects. The PM plans, executes, and delivers projects on time, within budget and scope in accordance with business priorities. Throughout the lifecycle of each project, the PM tracks project status and manages project teams to mitigate issues and risks. The PM is accountable for the success of all projects under their supervision and will be expected to track and report measurable KPIs for all projects in cycle.
The PM will manage projects for different groups within IT: custom software development, web-based enterprise applications, client-server applications, mobile applications and enterprise management systems, infrastructure upgrades and new implementations.
- Gather and document the requirements for each project working closely with project owners and stakeholders.
- Collaborate closely with the technical teams understanding and contributing to the technical architecture and design for each project.
- Create and maintain a project plan including scope, timelines, and resources/budget for each project and be able to hold the teams accountable to that plan.
- Facilitate cross-team reviews of key deliverables including Requirements, Technical Architecture & Design, Impact Analysis & Dependency Matrix, Integrated Test Plans, - Release Checklists, Patch Requests, Cutover Plans, etc.
Identify key issues/risks and come up with suitable mitigation plans to resolve those issues and unblock forward progression.
- Maintain sanitary and safe work environment.
- Follow safety requirements.
- May actively participate on company’s Safety Committee.
- Ensure that company safety policies as well as federal, state and local safety and environmental regulations are observed.
- Must have a complete understanding of company’s policies, SOPs, QPs, EPs, HACCP and cGMP to ensure quality, safety, efficiency and sustainability.
- Must adhere to all company policies.
- Examine documents, materials, and products and monitor work processes to assess completeness, accuracy and conformance to standards and specifications.
- Follow all SOPs in each area.
Perform all other duties as assigned by Manager and/or designee.
Location: Yakima, WA
Application Method: Online
Base Pay: DOQ