Employer: Yakima Chief Hops
Yakima Chief Hops is seeking a motivated team member to assist in the execution of our sensory panel. This position involves sample preparation, panel set up, maintaining sensory facilities and managing sensory data. This person will communicate frequently with sensory panelists, Yakima Chief Ranches and the Technical Solutions department. A strong candidate is experienced in conducting sensory panels, pays close attention to detail, has strong communication skills, and works well in a team environment.
Job Title: Sensory Technician
Department: Technical Solutions
Reports to: Hop Sensory Coordinator
- Possess a strong work ethic to positively contribute to the company’s mission, vision, values and environmental policy and quality policy
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Strong organizational skills
- Ability to adapt to changing paces and processes quickly
- Willingness to wear appropriate personal protective equipment in required areas for extended periods of time
- A desire to work with brewers and growers and lead in the field in sensory analysis of hops
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Proficiency with Microsoft Excel
- Understanding of food safety and lab safety practices
- Understanding of statistical analysis methods
- Willingness to travel
- B.S. in Food Science or related field
- 1-3 years of Sensory Panel work experience
- Sensory experience in Descriptive Analysis, Preference
- Testing, Difference Testing, Consumer Testing, and Shelf
- Life Testing
- Proficiency in statistics software
- Passion for hops, beer, brewing, or homebrewing
- Request and prepare sensory and brewing samples
- Manage sample inventory
- Perform regular sensory panel set up, execution and clean up
- Export sensory data and manage sensory database
- Prepare panel training materials
- Execute panelist training sessions
- Assist with methods development and draft sensory standard operating procedures
Adhere to all standard operating procedures
- Participate as an active Technical Solutions team member
- Assist the Hop Sensory Coordinator as necessary
- Assist the Technical Brewer as necessary
- Maintain sanitary and safe work environment.
- Follow safety requirements.
- May actively participate on company’s Safety Committee.
- Ensure that company safety policies as well as federal, state and local safety and environmental regulations are observed.
Must have a complete understanding of company’s policies, SOPs, QPs, EPs, HACCP and cGMP to ensure quality, safety, efficiency and sustainability.
Must adhere to all company policies.
Examine documents, materials, and products and monitor work processes to assess completeness, accuracy and conformance to standards and specifications.
Follow all SOPs in a given area.
Perform all other duties as assigned by Manager and/or designee.
Location: Yakima, WA
Application Method: Online
Base Pay: DOQ