Imerys is a world leader in creating specialty solutions that improve everyday life through minerals. Our success is built on our people, and creating an environment where our 17,800 employees around the globe can thrive.
We passionately believe that our teams are at their best when they have the opportunity to learn, collaborate and find new ways to solve our customers’ challenges, no matter what part of the business they are in.
We can offer you a variety of work and real opportunities to make an impact and be part of our evolution.
If you want to grow your skills and develop your career, find out more at www.imerys.com
Imerys is hiring an experienced Electrician to promote a culture of excellence through fully implementing all HSEQ programs, demonstrating personal ownership and accountability, and supporting continuous improvement programs.
KEY TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Assists Plant Maintenance Lead Person (OLP) and Plant Supervisor with planning and preparation activities related to maintenance repair work and special projects, including, but not necessarily limited to, design and/or layout, parts procurement, and estimated downtime requirements.
• Installs wire, cable, and conduit. Connects power source and installs switch panels, junction boxes, control panels, etc.
• Works with all departments within the Yellowstone Mining and Processing Operation (YST). This role works effectively to maintain all electrical systems within the YST, including mobile equipment.
• Work as needed with outside contractors in maintenance, design, and construction of all electrical and control related systems within the YST.
• Fully support YST health, safety, environmental and quality programs (HSEQ) by participating in their implementation, maintenance and enforcement as well as compliance with corporate programs and policies.
• Safely performs layout, installation, repair, maintenance and replacement of electrical components, PLC and electronic circuits, such as controls, motors, transformers, switchboards, and instruments.
• Troubleshoots and diagnoses electrical problems and corrects by repairing, replacing or recommending other appropriate action. (Diagnoses equipment by using ammeter, multi-meter, voltmeter, infrared thermography, or other appropriate equipment.)
• Assists in analyzing equipment failures, investigating problems and offering solutions.
• Runs wire, cable, and conduit. Connects power sources and installs switch panels, junction boxes, control panels, etc.
• Utilizes a Computerized Managed Maintenance System (CMMS) to record part usage, description of work performed, hours, etc.
• Requisitions necessary parts and supplies within appropriate authority level or informs OLP and Plant Supervisor if items are above authority level.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE QUALIFICATIONS:
• High School Diploma or GED (Associates Degree or higher level degree in electrical engineering, industrial electronics or other electrical-related technical discipline preferred).
• 5 years related-experience in industrial manufacturing or milling environment.
• State electrical license (not limited to Montana), OSHA or MSHA electrical certification, or other formal training or electrical certification.
Location: Yellowstone, MT
Application Method: Online
Base Pay: DOQ