Employer: Mondelez International
Responsible for meeting production equipment inspection, maintenance and repair requirements for assigned Bakery shifts; includes the ongoing inspections and repair of all production machinery including fabrication of parts not otherwise available. Also provide all technical assistance to adapt new production machinery to Bakery's applications.
Conduct ongoing preventative visual inspections of Bakery's production machinery and load handling equipment and provide all scheduled/non-scheduled maintenance and repair as required.
Provide on-call repair service for production machinery.
Fabricate and machine production machine parts as necessary for repair and replacement of parts from stock.
Provide all mechanical/technical applications to adapt and install new production equipment for Bakery operations; includes pre-consideration of electrical, computer, layout and mechanical applications.
Read, study and review manuals and relevant literature to stay current on new equipment and the updating of existing equipment.
Complete preventative maintenance reports and other documents to communicate status of equipment and action required for effective operation of production equipment.
Work over 40 hours in a workweek and 8 hours in a day including all required overtime.
Regular and prompt attendance.
Communicate and participate in group meetings on issues such as group performance, goals, safety and productivity.
Follow all applicable Safety and Health policies and practices and informs immediate supervisor about unsafe or unhealthy conditions observed in the workplace.
Consult with immediate supervisor concerning issues, unusual problems or developments and clarification on direction and scope of efforts.
Performs other duties as assigned.
Machines, tools, equipment, computers and software used on the job:
- Milling machine, lathes, grinders, presses, welding equipment (wire feeds, stick, gas, tig), machine tooling, computer controlled manufacturing equipment (for troubleshooting), all hand tools and millwright tools.
- Physical activities of this position
- Climbing occasionally.
- Stooping, kneeling, and crouching frequently.
- Crawling short distances occasionally.
- Reaching arm's length frequently.
- Standing for sustained periods
- Walking two miles daily.
- Pushing and pulling, up to 100 lbs.
- Lifting up to fifty lbs. frequently.
- Using fingers, grasping tools, small parts.
- Feeling Talking (expressing ideas/information by means of spoken word).
= Hearing (hearing sounds, receive oral speech, discriminate differences in pitch).
- Repetitive motions of wrists, hands or fingers.
- Physical requirements of this position:
- Heavy work (up to 100 pounds occasionally, or 50 pounds frequently).
Visual Acuity requirements including color, depth perception and field of vision:
Machine operators without inspection, mechanics, skilled trades people. Machine and equipment operators, inspection, close assembly, clerical, administrative. Includes the work of people who do analysis of data, work at a computer terminal, and look at small parts, read.
Subject to both inside and outside working conditions.
Subject to extreme heat, above 100 degrees for more than one hour.
Subject to vibrations affecting extremities or whole body.
Subject to hazards: moving machinery, electrical current, high places, chemicals, heat.
Subject to atmospheric conditions: Fumes, dust, odors, mists, gasses, oils.
Contact Person: Jimena Alpizar
Location: Portland, OR
Application Method: Email
Base Pay: $28.30 - $30.30