Employer: Alaskan Copper & Brass Company
We will be accepting applications for this job opening only between the opening and closing dates. Individuals who meet all of the requirements will be considered for an interview. Job applications may be filled out in person or online at www.alaskancopper.com and sent via fax or scanned to email@example.com when completed.
Date Opened: June 14, 2019 Closing Date: June 28, 2019
Job Title: Production Metalworker V, W, X, Y or Z (Depending on qualifications) All levels being considered. This could be a swing or day shift position.
Pay Rate: DOE
Hours of Work: First Shift is 6:30 am to 3:00 pm, Second Shift is 3:00 pm to 11:30 pm.
Location: 3200 6th Avenue South, Seattle, WA
Representation: After 30 days, required to become a dues paying or financial core member of Sheetmetal Workers Local Union No. 66.
Job summary is dependent upon level of entry. Entry level V, or assistant, could perform a variety of tasks including material handling, grinding and machine operating assistant. Higher levels of entry, W-Z will perform more specialized duties including, but not limited to, machine operation, material control and quality control.
Tools and Safety Equipment:
Employees will be expected to provide a tape measure for their own use and have steel-toe safety shoes.
Required Essential Job Skills/Conditions:
1. Application must be filled out completely by the Applicant.
3. Must be willing to work any shift.
4. Must be willing to work overtime when required.
5. Willing to comply with company rules and policies.
6. Able to pass pre-employment drug screen.
Production Metalworker V 2
7. Able to read tape measure accurately to 1/16".
8. Able to lift and carry 100 pounds frequently.
9. Able to write or print legibly.
10. Able to read, write, understand and communicate in English.
Desirable Job Skills/Experience:
1. Experience operating a forklift, prefer frequent and recent experience.
2. Experience operating an overhead crane, frequently or infrequently.
3. Six months experience working in a metal fabrication environment.
4. Experience using metal shears.
5. Experience using press brakes.
6. Experience using hand-held grinders.
7. Experience using presses.
8. Able to climb stairs and ladders.
Required Essential Job Functions/Duties:
Varied metalworking duties depending on level expertise.
Application Method: Job applications may be filled out in person or online at www.alaskancopper.com and sent via fax or scanned to firstname.lastname@example.org when completed.
Base Pay: DOQ