Employer: Verbruggen Palletizing Solutions Inc.
In the past 25 years Verbruggen Palletizing Solutions has grown into the leader in stacking products which may vary in size and shape in the industrial agricultural industry. The company is headquartered in Europe (The Netherlands) and has established their US entity in the strategically chosen region of Pasco WA. Verbruggen Palletizing Solutions has aggressive growth plans for the US. We will be further developing our current clients and industries as well as grow into new industries and verticals.
Team work, pragmatism and entrepreneurship, hard work and a healthy work-life balance are keywords in describing our company culture.
In this position as an Installation Technician, you will utilize your technical experience to install and commission our client’s palletizing machinery. This is a very independent role and yet team work and team spirit are crucial for all employees of Verbruggen Palletizing Solutions. Our machines are being developed, manufactured, and shipped in a way that they can be unloaded from the container, installed mechanically, wired electrically and ultimately commissioned by 1 or 2 technicians.
Typically, an installation and commissioning project is executed by two Installation Technicians in 2 weeks. Smaller jobs such as parts of a machine, or upgrades to an existing machine, are being handled by 1 technician. Once these machines have been installed, you will hand them over to the After Sales Engineer, who will be responsible for service calls, troubleshooting and ad-hoc service visits. As a result, this position provides you with a planned schedule with minimal unexpected itineraries as you will only perform service visits in rare circumstances.
Why Verbruggen Palletizing Solutions?
We have high expectations and so do you. You are exceptionally motivated, have outstanding skills, and are looking for more than just a job. We offer competitive wages, generous benefits, and promotional opportunities at a growing location that really cares about its employees. If you want to work side-by-side with others who are passionate about customer service, consider joining our team. You can help us write more chapters in our success story as we move towards celebrating our 1000th machine sold.
Specific Duties Include:
- Travelling to customer sites in the U.S. and Canada.
- Unloading of machines from shipping containers utilizing forklifts and rigging equipment.
- Mechanically assemble and electrically wire palletizers and box handling equipment.
- Test machine manually and automatically to ensure proper functionality.
- Train operators on the proper use and maintenance of machines.
- Document installation information and complete an installation report for each machine.
- Maintain technical and product knowledge on all equipment sold by the company.
- Conduct self in the presence of customers and community so as to present a professional image of Verbruggen Palletizing Solutions.
- Maintain a positive and professional working relationship with peers, management, and support resources, with a constant commitment to teamwork and exemplary customer service.
- Serve as an in-field representative for the company providing expert installation and operator training.
- Excellent mechanical and troubleshooting skills.
- Experience with AC (480V and 120V) and DC (24V) electricity.
- Ability to read wiring diagrams and schematics.
- Forklift driving experience (preferred).
- Ability to find, understand, and apply technical information from manuals and guides.
- Valid driver's license and acceptable driving record.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- 2-year technical degree or 2-4 years’ experience in a field service role (preferred).
- Ability and willingness to travel up to 75%, all travel is reimbursed and a per-diem is paid.
What We Provide:
- Competitive salary with paid overtime.
- Excellent benefits package including: medical, dental, vision, and life insurance.
- Retirement plan with company match, paid holidays, vacation, and sick time
- Friendly, collaborative, team culture that encourages your learning and growth.
- Ability to work alongside down-to-earth people who value hard work and problem solving.
- Variety in what you repair, working on new and old palletizing machinery.
- Varied work locations, you will install machines all over the U.S. and Canada!
- All tools, laptop, cell phone, workwear, footwear, and PPE.
Contact Person: Wouter A Verbruggen
Location: Pasco, WA
Application Method: Email
Base Pay: DOQ