automation specialist, KFP Automations-Kent, WA
(Job Number: 190003363)
Location US-WA-Kent-Kent Roasting Plant
Starbucks - Maintenance/Automation
Job Summary and Mission
This job contributes to Starbucks succcess by assisting with process improvements for production software and production equipment. Maintains and provides troubleshooting of plant automation systems and assists in the design and implementation of new automation projects. Models and acts in accordance with Starbucks guiding principles.
Summary of Key Responsibilities
Responsibilities and essential job functions include but are not limited to the following:
- Assists Engineering with updates, changes and testing of new modifications.
- Assists with new equipment implementations and projects.
- Maintains regular and consistent attendance and punctuality.
- Participates in World Class Manufacturing team sessions.
- Performs periodic maintenance of systems.
- Performs troubleshooting of electrical and instrumentation issues for the packaging equipment and machines, Automated Coffee Roasting System, transfer systems and custom software applications.
- Researches and implements continuous improvement opportunities.
Summary of Experience
- Design and programming of instrumentation process controls 3 years
- Electrical troubleshooting 3 years
- General industrial maintenance and electrical systems 3 years
- Using and creating mechanical and electrical blueprints and technical equipment manuals 3 years
- Working with electrical codes 3 years
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely, both orally and in writing
- Ability to perform computer-aided design and use databases
- Ability to read, write and understand polices, guidelines, specifications and safety standards
- Ability to troubleshoot and create automation software
- Ability to use electronics test equipment
- Ability to work independently and make decisions with minimal supervision
- Ability to work with a diverse workforce in a team environment
- Basic math skills
- Attention to detail
- Proficient in safety procedures
- Familiarity with American Institute of Baking (AIB), Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP), and Hazard Analysis and Critical Control Points (HACCP) standards
- Ability to work in accordance with quality, safety, and sanitation standards, policies and guidelines
- Ability to work varying shifts and weekends
Starbucks and its brands are an equal opportunity employer of all qualified individuals, including minorities, women, veterans and individuals with disabilities. Starbucks will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with all federal, state, and local ordinances.
Location: Kent, WA
Application Method: Online