TECH SYSTEMS PAPER - WALLULA, WA:
At Packaging Corporation of America (PCA), we think of ourselves as more than a box manufacturer. We are an ideas and solutions company. We seek to be the leader in helping our customers — large and small — package, transport and display products of all kinds. It just happens to be that corrugated products are our area of expertise.
At PCA, you’ll find the best people in the industry operating in a “golden rule” culture. We actively promote mutually rewarding relationships with each other and our customers by advocating respect for every individual, ethical and fair practices, and the highest standards in what we say and do. PCA is proud to have a highly skilled and experienced team leading the way.
As a Fortune 500 company and one of the largest producers of containerboard and corrugated packaging products in the U.S., PCA offers customers broad expertise and economies of scale, while our multiple plant locations let us rapidly meet the local needs of our customers.
We are seeking resumes for a Tech Systems Paper (2 Openings) in our Wallula, WA facility.
Description of role:
The Distributed Controls System (DCS) Technician properly maintains and documents changes to the process control system in accordance with applicable Mill and industry standards.
- Works with mill operations and corporate engineering on process optimization; including analysis of particular problems, audits, control strategy enhancements, and efforts to reduce process variability and costs.
- Participates in assigned engineering projects that involve the installation or modification of process control systems.
- Insures that any system upgrades performed in the existing process control systems are done as required.
- Participates in training courses and provides training for operators and instrumentation and electrical personnel, if assigned, on any new control systems or modifications in which you are involved.
- Technical degree or certificate in electrical, instrumentation, or process control field.
- Experience in the electrical, instrumentation or process control field.
- Must be authorized to work in the U.S.
- B.S. degree in Engineering (Mechanical, Chemical, Electrical, Bio-Resource) or Paper Science with course work in control theory is preferred.
The successful candidate must possess the following Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Must be proficient with Honeywell TDC, Honeywell Experion, and Allen Bradley PLC configuration and programming.
- Must be able to comprehend and troubleshoot developed software.
- Must be self-motivated, customer-focused, and results-oriented.
- Must be able to demonstrate good written and oral communication skills.
- Must have strong organizational skills, ability to work with multiple teams, demonstrated leadership skills and the proven ability to lead effective teams.
- Problem solving skills and the ability to positively implement change are required.
- Strong computer skills required including Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint, Word, and Outlook.
PCA provides a competitive comprehensive benefits package.
PCA is an Equal Opportunity Employer – Veterans/Disabled and other protected categories
Location: Wallula, WA
Application Method: Online
Base Pay: DOQ