Employer: Powers of Automation
Powers of Automation is a fast-growing, dynamic company headquartered in beautiful Bend, Oregon. We provide fullservice integration, calibration and validation services to the pharmaceutical, aviation and food/beverage manufacturing industries. POA offers great benefits including generous PTO, health insurance, matching 401K and profit sharing. POA has strong company values and believes that employees perform best with a healthy life and work balance.
POA is hiring an Instrumentation Field Services (IFS) Technician II to work at our Bend, Oregon headquarters. As an IFS Tech II, you will perform instrument calibrations, maintenance and troubleshooting for customers and equipment in GMP and non-GMP environments.
You may be the ideal candidate if:
· You are certified in Instrumentation & Industrial Automation Technology -or- equivalent experience
· You possess an Oregon Limited Energy Technician License B · You can troubleshoot automated systems using knowledge of microprocessors, programmable controllers, electronics, circuit analysis, mechanics, sensors, feedback systems or pneumatics
· You can read and evaluate electrical schematics and P&IDs (piping and instrumentation diagrams) on a Subject Matter Expert (SME) level
· You have experience working in GMP environments
· You have general knowledge of Calculus and Physics
· You are customer focused and strive to provide excellent customer service
· You can be detail oriented in a fast-paced environment
· You embrace continual professional and personal improvement
· Two-year trade school certified or equivalent experience in the field of industrial instrumentation and automation
· Three to five years’ experience in the field of industrial instrumentation and automation
· Valid Driver’s License and Insurance
Specific job functions include:
· Provide excellent customer service with minimal supervision in GMP and non-GMP environments.
· Install, configure, calibrate, troubleshoot, maintain and repair automated systems and process control instrumentation including temperature, humidity, pressure, flow, controllers, control valves and actuators, load cells, analytical transmitters, chart recorders, intrinsically safe barriers, loop isolators and life safety equipment and system
· Wiring and installation of UL listed control panels
· Utilize Asset Management Software to support a full calibration program for customers and equipment complying with Title 21 CFR, Part 210/211
· Use and maintain NIST traceable Reference Standards
· Follow all safety and security requirements provided by POA and current/future customers including ladder safety and lock out - tag out (LOTO) of potential energy sources
· May support Validation and Integration Service departments with CTE mapping, IOPQ and calibration activities, equipment installation, loop checks and execution of ATs
· May be responsible for key departmental tasks
· Frequency: Approximately 15% or less of total time · Duration: 2 days - 2 weeks at a time, dependent on customer requirements
Full-time position (40 hours/week) working during normal business hours, some overtime required
Technician I Job Posting 201905
Compensation / Benefits: $30 - $36/hour DOE; generous PTO; 6 paid holidays; 401K match; profit sharing; health insurance; continued education/training reimbursement
Desired Start Date: June 17 – July 1, 2019
Expiration Date: June 17, 2019
To Apply: Upload a cover letter and resume via our website. Please NO phone calls or recruiters.
Location: $30 - $36 HR
Application Method: Upload a cover letter and resume via our website. Please NO phone calls or recruiters.
Base Pay: Bend, OR