We are seeking a dynamic Senior Instrumentation Engineer to join our instrumentation engineering team at Eichleay. In this position you will report into the Instrumentation Department Manager and will be located in our Billings, Montana office. As a Senior Instrumentation Engineer at Eichleay you will work in a collaborative multi-discipline environment, supporting various clients and projects.
Move Forward with Eichleay:
Do you enjoy getting involved in small to large projects working with multi-disciplinary teams of engineers and designers? At Eichleay you will perform design engineering for a variety of brown field and revamp facilities in the refining, chemical and food and beverage industries. Design engineering consists of conceptual design, basic engineering and detailed design for reimbursable & lump sum projects.
Your duties will include performing instrument drawings, data sheets, wiring diagrams, P&IDs, specifications, calculations and spreadsheets (e.g. instrument index). You will devise new approaches to problems, prepare or modify data sheets, spreadsheets, drawings, specifications, calculations and monitor work for compliance to applicable codes, accepted engineering practices and Client standards. You will also be involved in project controls, cost estimates, quantity takeoffs and manpower requirements for proposals, forecasts and change orders.
You may provide technical guidance to less experienced design and engineering personnel.
Additional Job Responsibilities & Expectations:
- Demonstrates awareness and commitment to health, safety and environmental issues. Addresses those issues as necessary to ensure zero harm to all employees clients, and contractors with zero environmental incidents.
- Consistently achieves goals, delivers quality and accurate work and meets timelines. This includes reviewing project documents for conformity and quality assurance.
- Ability to apply thorough knowledge of instrumentation design and engineering techniques independently.
- Effectively apply a broad knowledge of precedents in instrumentation / automation and a solid knowledge of principles and practices of related technical areas.
- Apply broad knowledge of the application of engineering to plant constructability as applied to construction methods and materials, and the economics involved.
- Ability to assume a lead engineer role on assigned projects or as a Project Engineer if designated on smaller, less complex projects.
- Assemble bid, approval, and construction issue drawing packages.
- Review bid analyses and make recommendations.
- Effectively interacts with all levels of employees, clients and vendors. Attend and participate in Client and Eichleay meetings.
- Use engineering and design computer software to complete assigned work.
- Strong customer focus with commitment to building enduring relationships that yield customer satisfaction and loyalty.
- Ability to deal with change and demonstrate flexibility as required.
- Bachelor of Science degree in an engineering or scientific discipline, and over seven years of experience with advance knowledge in instrumentation engineering, obtainable usually through a combination of experience and continuing education.
- Experience in working with multiple discipline projects with Refining and/or Petrochemical Clients.
- Demonstrated success with ability to plan, schedule, conduct, and coordinate program of assigned engineering work and projects.
- AutoCAD familiarity.
- Knowledgeable in industry safe work practices in the field.
- Excellent computer skills in Microsoft Suite.
- Familiarity in the associated industry and government standards. Familiarity with SIS design practices.
- Familiarity with industrial computer systems, motor control, PLCs and DCSs.
- Ability to be badged for process safety management governed facilities, which require in depth drug screening.
- Licensed PE or EIT.
- Instrumentation engineering experience supporting refinery, chemical, mining and/or winery projects.
- SPI familiarity.
For over 140 years, Eichleay companies have developed a wide range of project delivery expertise. This legacy continues today with Eichleay, Inc. which specializes in the design and construction of industrial process, manufacturing, life science, and high technology facilities.
Join a dynamic organization with insight fueled by experience, solutions powered by practicality, relationships built by listening and trust earned through results.
Location: Billings, MT
Application Method: Online
Base Pay: DOQ