Are you in the market for a new opportunity as an Instrumentation and Electrical Designer? We are seeking an Instrumentation and Electrical Designer to join our team in Benicia, CA. In this role you will work in a schedule driven environment where timing is a critical function. As a member of the instrumentation department you will work in a collaborative multi-discipline environment. This is a full time position with benefits based onsite a refinery.
Move Forward with Eichleay:
Do you thrive in providing support to multi-disciplinary teams of engineers and project delivery professionals? Are you passionate about your work and enjoy collaboration with project teams? Do you enjoy the challenges of supporting brownfield projects in the field? Your comprehensive knowledge of refinery instrumentation and electrical design, drafting, and construction techniques will come in hand on the projects you are assigned. Your familiarity with electrical codes and instrument installation design practices in a refinery environment will be highly valued by our team. Your duties will include researching design options and providing: motor schematics, one lines, conduit/tray routing and design, interconnects, panel layouts, loop diagrams in InTools, instrument/electrical calculations, fiber installation design, working on instrument and bulk material specifications, cost estimates, and bills of materials.
Additional Responsibilities & Expectations:
- Demonstrates awareness and commitment to health, safety and environmental issues. Addresses those issues as necessary to ensure zero harm to all employees clients, contractors with zero environmental incidents.
- Receives minimal supervision on unusual or difficult problems, and general review of all aspects or work.
- Reviews and checks calculations, design models, drawings and design documents for quality, accuracy, neatness, functionality, and satisfactory completion.
- Plans, organizes, and coordinates own work.
- Consistently achieves goals, delivers quality and accurate work and meets timelines.
- Effectively interacts with all levels of employees, clients and vendors.
- Strong customer focus with commitment to building enduring relationships that yield customer satisfaction and loyalty.
- Ability to deal with change and demonstrate flexibility as required.
- Adheres to required processes and embraces opportunities for continuous improvement.
- Associate degree in an engineering or scientific discipline and six or more years of experience; or specialized courses in drafting, design and engineering practices plus eight additional years of instrumentation and electrical design experience.
- 6-15 years' experience in refinery or petrochemical plant brownfield work.
- Experience with developing project scope and budget.
- Good understanding regarding best practices to work and coordinate with other discipline projects and construction.
- Knowledge of industry and regulatory standards and codes.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to interact effectively with clients, project team members and other staff.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision and to interface directly with clients.
- Experience with AutoCAD (2000 or greater).
- Proficient in Microsoft office.
- Ability to be badged for a process safety management governed facility which requires in depth drug screening.
Preferred Job Requirements:
- Experience working Smart Plant Instrumentation (InTools).
- Experience working on refinery projects is highly desired.
For over 140 years, Eichleay companies have developed a wide range of project delivery expertise. This legacy continues today with Eichleay, Inc. which specializes in the design and construction of industrial process, manufacturing, life science, and high technology facilities.
Join a dynamic organization with insight fueled by experience, solutions powered by practicality, relationships built by listening and trust earned through results.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Location: Instrumentation in Benicia, CA
Location: Benicia, CA
Application Method: Online
Base Pay: DOQ