Employer: Pacific Air Heating and Air Conditioning
Job Title: Journeyman Service Technician
Work Hours: 8:00 – 4:30, Monday through Friday, some overtime, weekends and stand by on call for 24 hour service.
Primary Job Function:
Responsible for diagnosing and repairing HVAC equipment failures and customer home comfort issues. Selects the appropriate diagnostic and repair charges from the flat rate book per company policy. Maintains required levels of truck stock items. Advises Service Manager or Service Dispatcher at such time as the assigned project begins to fall behind average repair times. Works with Service Manager, General Manager and Service Dispatcher on ideas for reducing the cost of service department. Reports to first call from home ready to work at the designated start time.
1. Reports directly to first call of the day.
2. Properly diagnosis and repair HVAC equipment.
3. Explains services and policies prior to diagnostic and repair.
4. Charge and collect for all work performed, per company policy and procedures.
5. Complete paper work daily, recording all hours and materials used on each job before leaving that site. Turns in all completed paperwork and related forms with revenue to Service Manager or Service Dispatcher daily or as directed.
6. Complete quality work on or below budgeted labor hours, per flat rate book.
7. Make sure that customers are satisfied with services rendered before leaving site.
8. Assist installation or fabrication department, with installs or fabrication as directed by the Service Manager or Service Dispatcher.
9. Keep entire work area neat and organized and free of scrap and debris, foot or fingerprints.
10. Contact the office after each service call to be dispatched to the next call.
11. Provide customers with information on company’s maintenance agreements.
12. Provide customers with information on new equipment, when repairs are above $300.00 or on all equipment over 10 years of age. Recommend new equipment as a viable option to expensive repairs. Forward information to Service Manager for communication to sales.
13. Other duties as assigned.
Certain key business indicators that will measure the effectiveness of the Journeyman Service Technician. These include the following:
1. Number of calls per day. (Average 4 to 6 for A/C or 6 to 8 for Heating )
2. Number of calls not complete in a timely manner.
3. Accuracy of paper work, labor hours & materials charged to clients and turned in timely, with revenue attached.
4. Number of times Service Manager or Service Dispatcher was not advised that the call was behind schedule.
5. Number of warranty callbacks on workmanship or incorrect diagnosis that are processed for the tech each month.
6. Number of times parts are returned, or installed incorrectly.
7. Cleanliness and organization in the customers’ home or in the company van.
8. Equipment, tool, or vehicle breaks due to lack of proper maintenance or neglect
9. Number of times that truck stock parts are not on the truck.
10. Number of sales lead referrals or spiffs on product sold.
11. Number of Maintenance Agreements sold.
In order to apply for this position please visit https://www.pacaircomfort.com/careers/ and submit a resume.
Application Method: In order to apply for this position please visit https://www.pacaircomfort.com/careers/ and submit a resume.
Base Pay: DOQ