Provides program oversight in the operation and maintenance of all building automation systems to maximize efficiency and minimize costs. Working under limited supervision, monitors, inspects, and repairs equipment. Ensures compliance with safety rules and regulations, and oversees and schedules contracted work.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Maintains a total facilities systems management program which includes all the various connected and separate electrical, mechanical, life, safety, etc. systems that are operational in a facility. Ensures that measures are taken to operate all specialized systems in the most efficient manner to keep operating costs at a minimum.
- Complies with all applicable codes, regulations, governmental agency and Company directives related to systems operations and work safety.
- Inspects specialized systems to ensure operation of equipment is within design capabilities and achieves operational conditions prescribed by client.
- Oversees scope development, work request initiation, scheduling, and inspection of work performed by outside contractors, which includes proprietary work, licensed installations, upgrades, and maintenance and inspection of specialized systems.
- Responds quickly to emergency situations, summoning additional assistance as needed.
- Reviews assigned work orders. Estimates time and resources and orders necessary materials and supplies to complete all repairs.
- Performs assigned repairs and emergency and preventive maintenance. Completes maintenance and repair records as required.
- Performs other general maintenance of building systems and features to assist other trades as directed.
- Other duties as assigned.
No formal supervisory responsibilities in this position.
With access to top-tier market intelligence, planning, local site selection and asset strategies, our Global Workplace Services offering includes Enterprise Facilities Management (EFM), Project Management (PJM), Advisory & Transaction Services (A&T), and Management Consulting. We offer end-to-end expertise across all workplace types, scalable delivery, a commitment to world-class safety and ongoing innovations in building efficiencies, energy conservation and CRE technology.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and EXPERIENCE:
High school diploma or general education degree (GED) and a minimum of four years of related experience and/or trade school training. Experience in HVAC and automation system control and/or emergency backup systems (generators, UPS, etc.) preferred.
CERTIFICATES and/or LICENSES:
Electronic certifications in one or more of the following: Electrical, mechanical, access control, server and PCs, application and controller software or firmware, digital and analog controllers, networking, process controls, mechanical power transmissions, or data analytics. Licenses or certifications as may be required by local applicable law or ordinance.
Ability to comprehend and interpret instructions, short correspondence, and memos and ask clarifying questions to ensure understanding. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from clients, co-workers, and/or supervisor. Ability to effectively present information to an internal department and/or large groups of employees.
Requires basic knowledge of financial terms and principles. Ability to calculate simple figures such as percentages.
Ability to understand and carry out general instructions in standard situations. Ability to solve problems in standard situations. Requires intermediate analytical and quantitative skills.
OTHER SKILLS and ABILITIES:
Uses personal computer and / or PDA for work order system, email, ESS and training. Basic skills with Microsoft Office Outlook. Physical requirements include stooping, standing, walking, climbing stairs / ladders and ability to lift / carry heavy loads of 50 lbs. or more.
Knowledge of standards and city codes with respect to Fire/Life Safety codes, relating to both mechanical and electrical systems in commercial buildings.
SCOPE OF RESPONSIBILITY:
Decisions made with general understanding of procedures and company policies to achieve set results and deadlines. Errors in judgment may cause short-term impact to co-workers and supervisor.
Responsible for personal safety and the safety of those who are affected by your work. This includes but is not limited to:
1. Complete all required and assigned HSE training at a satisfactory level,
2. Follow all activity policies and procedures, including all HSE-related requirements at all times,
3. Participate in all HSE-related programs & activities as required, including incident investigations, interviews, auditing and assessment, etc.
4. Report any conditions which you feel could result in an accident or injury and / or stop work if required.
US Company Profile:
About CBRE (NYSE: CBRE): At CBRE, you are empowered to take your career path into your own hands. Enjoy workplace flexibility in a global organization with tremendous scale. Work in an inclusive and collaborative environment with supportive teammates. Come experience the employee advantage at CBRE.
CBRE has a long-standing commitment to providing equal employment opportunity to all qualified applicants regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, pregnancy, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, veteran status, political belief, or any other basis protected by applicable law.
As a Fortune 500 worldwide leader in real estate services, CBRE’s more than 80,000 professionals provide exceptional outcomes for clients in 60+ countries. When it comes to real estate, CBRE sees potential everywhere. We turn scale into strength, expense into performance, and property into prosperity. Visit cbre.us.
Contact Person: Teresa Nearing
Location: Seattle, WA
Application Method: Online
Base Pay: $38 HR