Within a team environment, perform the functions of a skilled Machinist/Mechanic capable of operating all necessary machine shop equipment and applicable measuring instruments pursuant to the fabrication of tooling/dies and associated equipment while adhering to strict manufacturing tolerances (+/- 0.0001") essential to the quality performance of the operations.
Essential Job Functions:
- Must be able to demonstrate a high degree of mechanical knowledge through a mechanical entrance exam which includes precision measuring and blueprint reading
- Maintenance and overhaul of all gearboxes, pumps and other production equipment.
- Measure/make calculations for raw material requirements, select tooling/equipment and appropriate jigs and fixtures and their setups.
- Maintain inventory information and cause the adequate resupply of Machine Shop tooling and raw materials as necessary.
- Catalog, organize and issue all production tooling.
- Responsible for housekeeping in maintenance and General shop, as well as areas where work has been performed in the production area.
- Mechanics operate the production lines as well as make all required line adjustments. Will perform all routine line maintenance, troubleshoot malfunctions and perform equipment overhauls. Responsible for maintaining product quality and following all Silgan policies and procedures related to quality.
- Assist all production and electrical/mechanical personnel as needed.
- Operate mobile equipment, including forklifts, lifts, and booms to assist with all production work.
- Adhere to all safety regulations, guidelines, JSA's, policies, procedures, and/or directives. Employ safe work habits at all times. Report any hazards to supervision without delay. Exercise proper care and protection of company property.
- Must have good trouble shooting skills, ability to diagnose and complete repairs in emergency situations.
- Must be able to take direction as well as be self-motivated when working alone.
- Perform other duties as directed by supervision.
Education: High School Diploma or Equivalent; One-Year Trade School required without minimum manufacturing experience
Experience: Five years machinist/Mechanic; Will consider a formal Technical degree
- Experience working with: manual and numerical control lathes and mills, inside and outside diameter grinders, surface grinders, drill presses, saws, tooling, various power and hand tools, engineering drawings/sketches, micrometers, dial indicators and other precision measuring instruments.
- Ability to execute machining tasks and other work from engineering drawing, written procedures, and/or verbal instructions.
- Ability to read blueprints and drawings, handbook specifications, equipment manuals, parts lists and other material related to the trade.
- Demonstrate necessary mathematical ability regarding fractions, decimals, complex angles and radii.
Ability to kneel, stoop, crawl, squat and stand for extended periods of time while performing job duties (up to 12-hours a day). Ability to push, pull, bend, climb, walk, and lift on a continuous basis (up to 12-hours a day). Be able to lift a minimum of 75 pounds overhead on an occasional basis. Possess excellent hand-eye coordination, adequate dexterity and strength in order to maintain and operate equipment. Required to wear personal protection equipment.
$25.31 per Hour
LIMITATIONS AND DISCLAIMER
The above job description is meant to describe the general nature and level of work being performed; it is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required for the position.
All job requirements are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities. Some requirements may exclude individuals who pose a direct threat or significant risk to the health and safety of themselves or other employees.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position. Employees will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform other job-related duties requested by their supervisor in compliance with Federal and State Laws.
Requirements are representative of minimum levels of knowledge, skills and/or abilities. To perform this job successfully, the employee must possess the abilities or aptitudes to perform each duty proficiently. Continued employment remains on an “at-will” basis.
Silgan is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We consider applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, or the presence of a disability, which would not prevent the performance of essential job duties with, or without reasonable accommodation of any other protective status.
Silgan is a drug-free workplace.
Location: Toppenish, WA
Application Method: Online
Base Pay: $25.31 HR