Employer: Tacoma Hydraulics
Job Title: Manual Machinist
Reports to: Cylinder shop manager
Pay type: Hourly
Under minimal supervision sets up and operates manually controlled machines. Manufacture parts for hydraulic cylinders, pumps and motors. Fabricate special tools and fixtures. (we do not have CNC machines)
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
include the following, however other duties may apply.
- Manufacture/modify parts correctly in a timely manner.
- Reads, draws and interprets blueprints, manufacture parts from samples.
- Uses gages and measuring instruments to meet tolerance requirements.
- Uses precision tools, machinery and equipment such as - Lathe, Vertical Milling machine, Drill Press, Hydraulic - Press, Chop Saw, Band Saw, Push and Pull Broaches and a variety of cutting tools and equipment.
- Fabricates and shapes parts such as tools and machine parts out of metal and composites. Ability to identify and handle various materials.
- Properly and safely selects, aligns, secures and removes holding fixtures, cutting tools, attachments, accessories and material onto machines.
- Recognizes, deploys and properly uses inserts, fixtures and tooling.
- Performs daily and regular cleaning and light maintenance tasks on machinery and equipment.
- Evaluate experimental procedures and recommends change or modifications for efficiency and adaptability to setup and production.
- Complies with all quality & safety policies, specifications, regulations and instructions.
Education and/or Experience:
- Three years related experience (Five years preferred)
- High school diploma or GED required
Effectively communicate and understand job instructions both verbally and written in the English language. Ability to effectively interpret and translate instructions to other employees in a professional and respectful manner.
Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in a mathematical or diagram form.
Ability to move or transfer products with an overhead crane. Ability to lift 50 Lbs. when required. The employee is required to stand, walk and reach with hands and arms. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described are representative of those in any machine shop the employee would encounter while performing the essential functions of this job. Noise level in the work environment is usually moderate to high.
Drug Screen Required
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $30.00 to $38.00 /hour
Manual Machining (NOT CNC machines): 3 years (Required)
Location: Milton, WA
Application Method: Online
Base Pay: $30 - $38 HR