Employer: International Paper
Location: Union Gap, WA, US, 98903-1537
Maintenance Electrician – Yakima Corrugated, WA
We currently have an opening for an experienced Maintenance Electrician for our corrugated container facility in Yakima, WA which is located in Central Washington. This facility manufactures corrugated packaging products for local and national customers.
We are looking for motivated individuals who are capable of performing a multitude of functions in a flexible, fast-paced production environment.
Our workplace requires individuals who understand the needs of the business while maintaining a focus on safety, customer satisfaction, quality and productivity.
International Paper offers an excellent wage and benefits package and advancement opportunities. Candidates must successfully complete a Skilled Trades Non Technical and Skilled Trades Technical test, panel interviews; background check, health assessment, drug screen, and employment verification
Applicants should have the qualifications listed:
Specific responsibilities include maintaining production equipment to optimize runnability through preventative maintenance, troubleshooting and repair of machines. Candidates for consideration should have troubleshooting skills in industrial, electrical, hydraulic, pneumatic and mechanical failures and the aptitude to correct those failures. Accurately completing administrative documents and following directions are important work traits. Candidates must demonstrate technical experience, reliability and the ability to work independently.
Candidates must be willing to work alternative shifts, weekends and overtime as required.
Duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Following all safety rules and practices
- Performing preventive maintenance activities such as lubricating, measuring wear, measuring positions, repositioning components; and observing operations, vibrations, and noise levels
- Performing emergency / break down maintenance as necessary to support plant operations
- Accurately using measurement and test equipment
- Performing electrical, mechanical, pneumatic, hydraulic, steam system, and other repairs and installations as needed
Installing wire and conduit for newly installed and existing equipment such as conveyors, programmable controllers, converting and corrugating machinery
- Replacing faulty electrical components of machine such as relays, switches, and motors, and position sensing devices such as proximity switch timers, scanners and photo electric devices
- Diagnosing and repair/replace faulty electronic components such as printed circuit boards
- Troubleshooting and repair pneumatic and hydraulic systems
- Troubleshooting drives, i.e. AC and DC
- Reading electrical block diagrams, schematics as well as PLC ladder logic
- Maintaining clean and organized work areas, and cleaning up work areas as part of completing assigned tasks
- Accurately and completely preparing and maintaining maintenance records and other paperwork
- Trouble-shooting and solving problems
- Self Motivated, able to follow through to completion with assigned responsibilities
- Maintaining teamwork with other associates
- Performing other duties as assigned by supervision
- Electrical aptitude
- Troubleshooting expertise
- Mechanical knowledge
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Certification in Industrial Electrical/ Instrumentation preferred.
- Highly-qualified candidates would possess a technical degree or maintenance experience in the corrugated industry or similar manufacturing environment.
Minimum of two years of industrial maintenance experience in a manufacturing environment
Location: Union Gap, WA
Application Method: Online
Base Pay: DOQ