Employer: Cascade Natural Gas Corporation
Responsible for placing safety as #1 priority in day to day work routine for self and others. Performs technical, administrative and clerical duties to support electric and/or gas department(s), Region/District Operations, Construction, Service, and Marketing. Primary duties include record keeping, document preparation and development, meeting coordination, GIS input/maintenance, MUP/CIS input/completion, accounting functions and special projects. Provide quality customer service and maintains good rapport to internal and external customers to resolve issues.
Operations Aide I:
Must possess a working knowledge of office/business concepts at a level normally acquired through completion of a two-year degree in a business or office-related discipline and one year office related experience.
Operations Aide II:
Must meet qualifications of the Operations Aide I and possess in-depth knowledge of utility procedures/practices with three years related experience
Operations Aide III:
Must meet qualifications of the Operations Aide I and II and possess comprehensive knowledge of utility procedure/practices with five years related experience.
Essential Job Functions
1. Provides administrative support to the Region/District Operations, Electric, Gas, Construction, Service, and Marketing departments including GIS, CIS, MUP, JDE, DOT compliance, PCB compliance and accounting.
2. Coordinates and processes paperwork pertaining to assigned area including new service line installation, daily reports, pre-engineering work, meter locations, construction reports, contractor invoices, maintenance, damage/repair reports and warehouse inventory and requisitioning. Creates orders in CIS for the installation and/or maintenance of the electric and gas distribution systems including material and property unit issues and corrections.
3. Provides customer service, including assigning account distributions to invoices, preparing journal entries, reconciling various ledgers, generating orders on CIS, answering the switchboard, processing field collection payments, completing pending maintenance orders, MAMR reporting, address research, and processing mail returns and night box payments.
4. Assists Electric and Gas Engineering department personnel including mapping of gas and electric facilities in GIS, maintaining distribution maps, providing map information, calling electric and gas outages/emergencies in to the MUP dispatchers, assisting with substation load checks, and maintaining Joint Use and Street Light maps.
5. Reviews daily reports associated with CIS and MUP. Checks for errors in order completions or errors in downloads made to JDE and makes necessary corrections in JDE.
6. Communicates with a variety of internal and external customers, including gas and/or electric customers, contractors, builders, heating dealers, architects, engineers and employees.
7. Acts as administrative and/or customer service liaison between customers, Region/District Office and General Office personnel and assists customers in the establishment of orders for new electric and gas lines and State Inspection Permits.
8. May be responsible for maintaining office supplies, forms, calendars, back-up tapes, procedure manuals and emergency books.
9. May be responsible to maintain emergency call-out lists and contacting customers regarding outages.
10. Performs other tasks and special projects as assigned.
May be required to provide after hour administrative assistance during emergencies.
May be subject to substance abuse testing program.
Required to maintain a valid driver’s license.
Location: Yakima, WA
Application Method: Online
Base Pay: DOQ