For 30 years Bio-Gro Inc. has worked to improve crop production across America with our three-step approach: Grow Roots, Pump Nutrients, Drive Photosynthesis. Through our advanced product technology, field partnership and customized product and program development, we help farmers reach their highest quality yield per acre of soil and per acre foot of water. Our core business is in humic acid and biofertilizer production as a part of a complete fertility approach, for consistent results. We help customers set goals based on market value for the highest quality, highest quantity, best return year after year.
JOB DESCRIPTION: FORMULATIONS OPERATOR
BioGro is seeking exceptionally talented formulations operators to become an integral member of our organization. This role will have responsibility of performing the tasks required to manufacture, package and ship fertilizer products in a safe, efficient, and environmentally sound manner. After successfully completing an orientation in the production department, the candidates will be assigned to a product line. Formulations operators are expected to become cross-trained in most if not all areas over the course of their career. All assignments require candidates to safely operate fork-lift trucks and stand-up reach trucks. Successful candidates are required to actively participate in site environmental, health and safety programs, as well as continuous improvement initiatives.
- Manufacture quality finished goods and manage raw materials in a safe and efficient manner.
- Demonstrate ability to operate mixers, pumping equipment, and other related equipment in the production area.
- Follow process orders from beginning to end and record all pertinent information.
- Add raw materials at specified quantities and times, observe temperatures of mixtures and chemical reactions, record necessary batch information, and obtain samples at designated times to ensure product consistency and quality.
- Participate in confined space entries, which include use of body harness and extraction system.
- Participate in determining and implementing corrective actions.
- Must be able to wear all required PPE including full-face respirators.
- This position may also be assigned tasks in other functional areas as required to help support overall success of the facility.
- Will read batch tickets and must be able to understand and communicate to operate machines and interface with PLC control screens, read and complete process orders, complete safety tests.
- Use of math to accurately record chemical additions and scale readings.
- Able to support all phases of production work.
- Weigh raw material, handle acids and caustics, transfer raw materials and/or products from railcars and/or vessels to storage tanks, tanks, etc. drumming, operate a fork truck to transfer material, and perform housekeeping duties.
- Involves complex chemical reactions and operations with various types of equipment located on many levels, which requires a high degree of concentration during various phases of the operation.
- Fill loading and unloading auxiliary systems to supply blend tanks and reactor vessels, load/unload tank trucks, railcars, totes, drums or pails as required.
- Conduct visual inspection of operating equipment to determine current operating status.
- Work from both verbal and written instruction of contact supervisor, standard procedures, batch sheet, and loading sheets.
- Ability to effectively verbally communicate in a team environment with members of other functions or shift.
- Read, record and interpret data of instruments, reactors, tanks, pumps, etc., and makes corrective adjustments as required.
- Perform housekeeping to maintain production and operations in neat and orderly condition.
- Contribute to the success of plant target and objectives through participation in activities to further advance safety, quality, cost, productivity and morale throughout the site.
- Become proficient at operating all production equipment with minimal supervision.
- Perform minor maintenance duties in the plant and/or warehouse.
- Participate in all required training.
- Perform light maintenance duties in the plant and/or warehouse.
Required Education & Skills/Experience:
- Minimum of Associate degree in Agriculture, Chemistry, - Applied Science, Chemical Engineering, or closely related field of study.
- Strong learning aptitude, agility, and critical thinking skills.
- Self-motivated, with demonstrated ability to work independently.
- Ability to work in a matrix environment with excellent relationship, networking, and collaboration skills.
Location: Mabton, WA
Application Method: Online
Base Pay: DOQ