ATI is Building The World's Best Specialty Materials Company™. We focus our advanced specialty materials technology, unsurpassed manufacturing capabilities, and innovative products to serve global end use markets with highly diversified and specialized product offerings. ATI is one of the largest and most diversified specialty metals producers in the world. We have employees world-wide who use innovative technologies to offer growing global markets a wide range of specialty metals solutions.
ATI Richland Operations is seeking an Electron Beam Operator to join our team. ATI Richland Operations actively melt Titanium and Titanium Alloys. This position works a rotating shift of 12.25 hours per day in a Dupont schedule. If you are looking for an opportunity to support a growing, world-class manufacturing company with multiple manufacturing operations, then this position is for you!
Employees in this position are responsible for preparing and operating an electron beam furnace.
- Operate electron beam guns to cast and melt
- Must be able to closely monitor the melt process on computer monitors and manipulate hand controls for 12.25 hours
- Operate industrial machinery and equipment (including overhead cranes and fork lifts)
- Use instrumentation and controls
- Must be detail oriented and stay organized
- Use hand tools
- Must work safely
- Must assist with the furnace turnaround duties
- 2 year technical/trade school degree (preferably in instrumentation and controls, electrical, and/or mechanics) or equivalent work experience required
- 1 year of industrial, manufacturing, or processing experience required
- Previous experience working with instrumentation and controls preferred
- Previous experience in the metals industry preferred
- Previous experience operating Industrial Mobile Equipment (IME), forklift preferred
- Previous machine operation experience preferred
- Previous experience operating an industrial furnace in the metals industry preferred
Location: Richland, WA
Application Method: Online
Base Pay: DOQ