Employer: Mount Adams School District No. 209
Applications only accepted on the School District's Website.
The job of Mechanic is done for the purpose/s of providing mechanic services with specific responsibility for identifying repair and/or replacement needs; performing repairs and preventive maintenance; ensuring completion of projects in accordance with trade standards; providing information on the proper uses of equipment; assisting other mechanics and ensuring that tools and
- Assesses incidents, complaints, accidents and/or potential emergency situations for the purpose of resolving or recommending a resolution to the situation.
- Attends unit in-service and safety meetings for the purpose of conveying and/or gathering information required to perform job functions.
- Diagnoses vehicle malfunctions for the purpose of determining needed vehicle repairs and/or replacements.
- Inspects assigned vehicles (e.g. brake system, oil levels, coolant, tire pressure, wiper blades, fan belts, exterior and interior condition, etc.) for the purpose of ensuring that the vehicle is in a safe operating condition.
- Maintains tools, equipment and/or shop area for the purpose of ensuring the availability of tools and equipment, and safety within the workspace.
- Maintains records of repairs, costs, vehicle warranties, etc. for the purpose of documenting required information and meeting regulatory requirements.
- Performs other related duties as assigned for the purpose of ensuring the efficient and effective functioning of the work unit.
- Performs minor body work (e.g. front ends, fenders, upholstery, etc.) for the purpose of maintaining the appearance and safe operation of the vehicles.
- Performs routine vehicle maintenance program (e.g. oil change, tire rotation, break check, etc.) for the purpose of maintaining vehicles in a safe operating condition and meeting mandated
- Prepares written materials (e.g. repair and maintenance logs, parts lists, warranty claims, etc.) for the purpose of documenting activities, providing written reference and meeting mandated requirements.
- Repairs vehicle systems and components, etc. (e.g. diesel/gasoline engines, transmissions, differentials, clutches, etc.) for the purpose of ensuring the availability of vehicles in safe operating condition.
Responds to road calls regarding disabled vehicles for the purpose of performing emergency repair work in the field.
- Skills, Knowledge and Abilities
- SKILLS are required to perform single, technical tasks with a need to occasionally upgrade skills in order to meet changing job conditions. Specific skill based competencies required to satisfactorily perform the functions of the job include: adhering to safety practices; operating school buses and/or district vehicles; operating tools/equipment used in maintenance of vehicles; and preparing and maintaining accurate records.
- is required to perform algebra and/or geometry;
- read technical information,
- compose a variety
of documents, and/or facilitate group discussions; and analyze situations to define issues and draw conclusions. -
Specific knowledge based competencies required to satisfactorily perform the functions of the job include: - methods of maintaining vehicles;
- methods of storage and removal of hazardous materials; and safety practices and procedures.
is required to schedule activities and/or meetings; - collate data; and consider a number of factors then using equipment.
Flexibility is required to work with others; work with data utilizing defined and similar processes; and operate equipment using standardized methods. Ability is also required to work with a wide diversity of individuals; work with a variety of data; and utilize a wide variety of types of job-related equipment.
Problem solving is required to identify issues and create action plans. Problem solving with data frequently requires independent interpretation of guidelines; and problem solving with equipment is significant. Specific ability based competencies required to satisfactorily perform the functions of the job include: adapting to changing work priorities; communicating with diverse groups; meeting deadlines and schedules; setting priorities;and working with interruptions.
working under direct supervision using standardized routines; utilization of some resources from other work units is often required to perform the job's functions. There is a continual opportunity to significantly impact the organization’s services.
The usual and customary methods of performing the job's functions require the following physical demands:significant lifting, carrying, pushing, and/or pulling, frequent climbing and balancing, significant stooping, kneeling, crouching, and/or crawling and significant fine finger dexterity. Generally the job requires 10% sitting, 45% walking, and 45% standing. The job is performed under minimal temperature variations and under conditions with exposure to risk of injury and/or illness.
Experience: Job related experience within a specialized field is required.
Education:Targeted, job related education with study in job-related area.
Required Testing: Certificates and Licenses
Bus Driver’s Certificate
Commercial Driver's License
Evidence of Insurability
Continuing Educ. / Training: Clearances
Criminal Justice Fingerprint/Background Clearance
Post Offer Physical Exam
FLSA Status Approval Date Salary Grade
Non Exempt Mechanic
Contact Person: Denise Byers
Location: White Swan, WA
Application Method: Application
Base Pay: $27.64/hour