Employer: Astria Health
Astria Health4 reviews - Yakima, WA
Apply On Company Site
Under the supervision of the Coding Supervisor, the Clinic Coding Specialist is responsible for Medical Coding and review of hospital charges for physician practices.
These duties are to be performed with attention to detail. Actions taken are as agents/ representatives for the providers in the practice, the hospital, and ultimately for the patients they serve.
1. Accurately applies diagnosis and CPT coding to clinic/provider medical records.
2. Assists hospital coders in outpatient coding.
3. Establishes process to ensure accuracy and timeliness of data collections and coding.
4. Continuously maintains competency level, maintains medical coding certification and supports Central Washington Medical Group/ hospital departments in meeting insurance and medical coding requirements.
5. Occasionally works with CBO and other department managers to update codes and fee schedules.
6. Continuously reviews coding levels and offers education to physicians and office staff to support strong reimbursement levels.
7. Occasionally performs charge entry as required to meet month end deadlines and support timely claims processing.
8. Continuously provides reports and suggestions for claims management and medical coding effectiveness.
9. Models effective and professional communications in all interactions
10. Performs other related work as required.
11. Philosophy consistent with CWMG/Hospital’s Policies, Confidentiality, Privacy, and Corporate Compliance programs including Federal and State Laws.
12. Philosophy consistent with CWMG/Hospital’s mission to deliver high quality and compassionate health care services to our patients, physicians and communities we serve, focusing on customer service.
Location: Yakima, WA
Application Method: Online
Base Pay: DOQ