Employer: Baxter Construction
Baxter Construction LLC, the Valley’s Premier Restoration Contractor is now seeking Full-Time Drywallers to join our team of highly skilled construction workers. Since 1995, Baxter Construction has been an innovative leader in restoration, remodel, and 24/7 emergency services throughout the Yakima Valley. The integrity of our community relies on a builder and restorer who is integrally invested in the business of building and rebuilding the community with their neighbors. Choosing Baxter Construction is a choice to get the job done and give yourself peace.
POSITIONS AVAILABLE: ASAP
Job Duties Include:
- Measure, cut, fit, and fasten panels.
- Prepare panels by sawing, drilling, or cutting holes in panels for electrical outlets, air-conditioning units, and plumbing.
- Apply drywall panels to wall or ceilings.
- Screw panels to wood or metal framework.
- Fasten drywall panels to the inside framework of building.
- Fill joints between using tape and compound.
- Prepare panels for painting by taping or finishing joints.
- Sand and prep for additional applications of compound.
- Sand and prep for finishes.
- Responsible for all personal drywall hand tools.
- Complete tasks delegated by Drywall Foreman
- Work effectively both independently and with a crew.
- Maintain a workflow that accomplishes the assigned tasks in the designated time frame.
- Secure work area for cleanliness to assure work area debris is contained.
- Maintain a clean and hazard free work area.
Applicants must have:
- Pass a background check
- WA State valid driver's license
- Excellent communication skills
- (5) years of construction experience in multiple phases of residential and commercial projects. Minimum of 2 Years of - Drywall Experience with Tools.
ln-depth understanding of construction procedures, materials, and project management principles
- Excellent organizational and time-management skills
- Outstanding communication and negotiation skills are key to achieve success
- High degree of accuracy, attention to detail and confidentiality
- Excellent analytical, problem-solving and decision-making skills.
- Effective verbal, listening and written communication skills
- Effective organizational, stress and time management skills
- Demonstrates a sense of urgency and ability to meet the deadline.
The position is eligible for the Full-Time benefits package including:
- Competitive Wages
- Daily Fuel Allowance
- Cell Phone Allowance
- M-F work schedule
- Medical, Vision, Aflac, 401K
- Bonus’s for Volunteer EMS
- Advancement opportunities within Baxter Construction LLC,\
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $14.00 to $18.00 /hour
hanging drywall: 3 years (Required)
United States (Required)
Location: Yakima, WA
Application Method: Online
Base Pay: $14 - $18 HR